Chapter 3 Birth Of A Nightmare

They desperately ran out of the house, dropping anything that could slow them down on the way. You laughed; you laughed manically at their disappointing attempt to escape you and you ran behind them clenching the knives hard on your hands. You noticed that your movements were a lot faster and sharp, leading you to catch up with them with exceptional ease. They didn’t even turn to see you burst out of the front door, as they made their way towards the park. But you wouldn’t let them escape in the darkness. You jumped; you jumped really high and with a turn in the middle of the air, you land hard in front of them, blocking their way.
  You slowly raise yourself, as the impact had made your knees subside a little bit and smile menacingly at your prey ‘Where are you going? The fun just started!’
    All of them stop in their tracks and scream loudly at your words, some of them pointing at your face and some of them cursing loudly. But it took them only a few seconds before the survival instincts kick in and start to run at the open road ahead of them.
  You simply laugh. You laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh, as you make your way casually into the road and then suddenly, start running behind them, finally starting the hunt officially. They run in front of you and you are careful to keep some distance, not too far, not too close, just the appropriate amount needed to break their sanity a little bit. It’s strange, but the road is totally empty, with only the seven of you running along in it. Gazing at the sky, the bright full moon shines extraordinarily, illuminating the road ahead of you. It’s a splendid night for murder.
  You focus back at your future victims. They all throw glances every now and then behind them, only to see that you are still after them. Many have slowly begun to lose their footing and started to be left behind, only to be helped by their other friends, who hurry them to regain their speed. They know. They know deep down their guts, that the girl that chases them has nothing to do with the girl they tried to kill a few hours before. The previous girl was just a human; the girl now, is a demon. Fall behind and you are dead. Let her catch you and you would sure wish you would be dead.
 ‘This f***ing b!tch is crazy!’ one of them yells to the others.
  ‘Do something!’ one of the others yells to the leader.
‘Fine!’ he says and running up ahead, he stops and grabs a huge trash can ‘Take that b!tch.’ he says and sends it flying towards you.
  The heavy iron case hits the floor violently and is send against you, ready to crush your face on impact.
  ‘Pathetic.’ You say as you smash the trash can with your bare hand, sending it to the opposite direction, without a scratch on your hand.
 All of them curse loudly and wonder what kind of human you are. Slowly but steadily, realization hits them in the face that the table has turned to them and the possible escape they so much want is getting further and further away from them.
  ‘What monster are ya b!tch?!’ the leader once again screams towards you.
 He turns while still running and pulls out of the inner pocket of his jacket, a small gun. He carefully points at you and pulls the trigger three times.
  And then, time slows down.
  You see the bullets coming threatenly towards you, an image that reminds you of the action movies that you used to watch. You see the three pieces of iron reach you, but with their slow speed, you manage to skillfully pass between them without any one of them touching you. Then, the time turns to its original state and you find them running and looking at you with wide eyes. In response, you laugh manically, only draining their sanity more.
  As you run on the empty streets, they try with any means possible to stop you, but you just avoid them all and patiently wait for the time that they would finally be exhausted and then catch them. Like the cat and the mice, you want to feel the thrill of the hunt to its full extent.
  They ran pass a highway inside the city. You run behind them also.
 But this time, you were careless.
 You manage to see two bright lights flash right beside you, before you feel the collision. An iron wall hits you hard. You lose your balance, only to feel your hip and head bang against a glass, breaking it. Your body is lifted up by the speed, only to hit again on another iron wall, before you smash with power against the concrete of the road. You immediately know that your head is open, as a black liquid drips and soon forms a pond underneath you. Your arms are broken, various limps are also shattered, with one of them protruding from your chest and your spine is broken too. The glass had given you many cuts along your face and body, ripping apart your witch costume and leaving you a huge cut on your stomach that bleeds out severely. Still, you feel absolutely no pain. No pain at all. Rather, a ticklish coldness is spread along your body, making you chuckle under your breath.
  You hear the car come to an abrupt stop, the wheels screeching from the violence of the brakes. You turn your attention to your prey, but they have already run too far away, disappearing at the far distance. Damn it!!
  ‘Miss are you okay?!’ you hear a voice scream towards you.
The moment you hear the car door open, you feel your bones slide back into their original places, returning inside your body and healing all by themselves. Tracing your face and body, you feel all the cuts gone. The only trace that you were wounded was the blood underneath you. You carefully place your hands on the concrete and you stand up, back turned towards the driver, feeling your limps a little bit strange, a feeling that subsides after a little bit. But they had gotten away. They escaped. You drop your head back and start laughing manically, a sound that echoes on the empty highway of the town, bouncing on the house walls.
  ‘Miss? Are you okay?’ the driver says behind you, his voice only a whisper.
You drop your head forward again and gently stroke your cook knives ‘Am I okay you ask?’ you slowly say, your voice sounding more alluring and deep, something that kind of surprised you ‘I don’t know…..Am I?’ you say and turn to look at the driver.
   The moment the middle aged man gazes upon your face a loud, heart-shivering scream leaves his mouth. He backs away but fails to maintain his balance and falls on the ground near the car. You walk to him, clenching the knives strongly and with the desire for blood to build up inside you. You crave it. You want it. And you want it now!
   As you come to a stop just above him, with a huge grin on your face due to his terrified look and your lust for blood, out of the corner of your eye, you see your reflection on the car. Nothing was amiss on first glance. You were looking at your usual self. But then you noticed it. Two large scars went down your eyes, symmetrically even and still fresh and deep. They started from your upper eyebrow and descended down on your lower cheek. Your eyelids were intact, which was strange. And then, there were your eyes. Since you were born, you had (e/c) eyes. But now, they had gained a bright orange color, while the pupil had turned slit, like a cat’s. The sclera that was once white had now turned completely black. As you looked upon yourself, you realized why they all screamed when they saw you. You looked like a demon. And you loved it.
  You turned once again at the man, who was now crying with loud sobs and using his hands to protect his face, as he looked petrified at you.
‘….P…..please…..don’t hurt me..’ he begged.
You tilted your head ‘Witches and ghosts are singing.’ You said as you raised both knives ‘TRICK AND KILL!!’

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The sun was rising on the horizon. The warm rays of light fell upon your face as you gazed at the bright orb climbing on the horizon. Blood was dripping down from your hands, as your last victim for tonight let out their last breath. You had lost count after ten and manically proceeded with your gruesome work across the streets of your hometown. But now, the sun was going up. You had to hide. You turned to your victims. They were both girls, a bit older than you. After your attack, their chests were completely open and their blood had made a big pool underneath them. You dipped your hand on the blood and proceeded to the wall. You had to give them a name.
 Witches and ghosts are singing: Trick and Kill, you wrote on the wall and then proceeded to write only one name:
Halloween.