Chapter 6 The Invitation

‘Cady…Cady….Cady!!....’ you desperately mumble, with your voice breaking from the violent sobs that resonate throughout your body.

 Both males look at the point where your gaze is stuck. There inside the trees and the darkness, a little girl is standing. Despite the darkness, your eyesight can see her clearly. She must be around six years old at best. She was wearing a little pink dress that reached a little bit over her knees and matching pink shoes. She had big, green eyes and light brown, curly hair that reached down her waist. She was hiding behind the trunk of the tree, but she made herself visible at some point. What caused you though to cry wasn’t just her sight. Instead of seeing the little girl, your mind was playing a dirty game with you and you were seeing Cady in her place. You desperately try to reach her, but the man has grabbed you hard and your legs are finally unable to sustain your weight. So, you are trapped on spot just craving to reach out your hands and take the little angel inside your arms. Protect and cherish it. As you had vowed to do. But instead of that, you just cry with violent sobs on spot.

  The goggled man lets go of your hair and folds his hands on his chest ‘Sally, what the f*ck are you doing here? I thought I told you to stay in the mansion.’

 The little girl takes a few steps towards you ‘It wasn’t fun staying at the mansion.’ She pouted ‘So I followed you here.’

  The goggled man facepalm’s himself angrily.

‘Sally, it’s dangerous for you to be out here alone. What would Slenderman say?’ the masked man scolded the kid.

  ‘I just wanted to see her!’ the girl points at you and walks over, standing in front of you.

 In her sight, more tears run down your face.

‘Be careful Sally.’

‘Oh, come on EJ! She means no harm.’ She says and smiles at you.

‘Cady…oh…my sweet, sweet Cady…’ you mumble as everyone falls silent.

 You raise yourself to stroke her face but inches away, you hesitate.

‘My dear…dear Cady….my poor Cady……I’m so sorry!’ you say as you burst out in hysterical tears.

 ‘What’s wrong with her?’

‘She’s having a nervous breakdown.’

You barely hear them talk as your ears ring loudly. You stretch your hand and cupping the air near the kid’s face, you stroke the air instead of the kid.

Your little Cady! You’re so, so sorry!....You couldn’t protect her!.....You couldn’t!...and the monsters took her away from you…. you just stared as she was killed!....YOU JUST STARED AS THEY SLASHED HER NECK OPEN!!!....

 Cady….Cady……CADY!........you vowed to your mom that you would protect her!.....you vowed to your dying mother……and they killed her….they went ahead and killed her, when the only thing they wanted was you!....she payed the price of wanting to protect you, of being your sister! You would have died in her position; you wished that you were dead instead of her! These monsters took her away from you, reaped away her life and drowned her in the murky waters of death….and it was your fault…it was all your fault…they were dead because of you…only you…

‘Cady, I’m so, so sorry..’ you mumble as you continue to stroke the air near her face ‘I can’t touch you, I will never touch you again…I’m not pure anymore…I’m not clean enough to touch you…my dear Cady.’

  Then, to your utter surprise, the little girl grabs your hand and places it on her cheek.

‘Of course you can touch me silly.’ She says and smiles brightly to you ‘My name is Sally. What’s your name?’