Chapter 30 Hunter's Season

‘Jane help me!’ you stretch your hand towards your bestie.

  ‘You f*cker! Put her down now!’ she screams angrily, panting heavily.

‘No f*cking way! We have to get back first!’ Jeff exclaims angrily, running through the trees with all his power.

   For reasons known only to him, Jeff came to the meeting point bloodied from top till bottom (which wasn’t particularly strange), in an enraged plus terrified mood and without a single word, he threw you over his shoulder, dashing towards the forest, with Jane running behind you to stop him.

‘Why?! What the hell is happening?!’ you question him furious, while the mansion started to appear on the horizon. Looking at Jane, she was exhausted from the running.

  ‘Sh!t is about to go down doll! I’ll tell you once we are at the house.’

Curiosity overwhelms you as he marches through the garden as fast as he can, running up the few stairs –still carrying you- and with a strong kick, he sends the door flying open, as he marches inside.

‘EVERYBODY GET THE F*CK DOWN RIGHT NOW!’ he says as he storms inside the living room, where Ben and Clockwork were playing with the videogames.

  Clocky immediately stood up, just in time as Jeff threw you the couch softly, laying you next to Ben, who didn’t even flinch as he was too occupied playing his game and winning over Clockwork’s player, until Jeff walked to the TV and pulled the plug out.

 ‘What the f*ck man?!’ the green elf exclaimed as you stood up beside him, looking at Jeff as he pulled the curtains over the windows.

  ‘Shut it dwarf. FAMILY MEETING NOW!’ his voice booms once again around the house.

‘Jeffery, my child there is no need for you to shout.’ A deep voice said, and all five heads inside the room turned towards the small door in the back that led to the kitchen, as the master of the house stood there with a kitchen ladle in his hands.

 ‘My brother’s back in town Slender.’ Jeff growled.

   Dead-like silence fell over the whole room. It felt like the temperature had dropped three degrees the moment these words left Jeff’s mouth, while the tension grew so much, that it could be cut with a knife. The intimidating aura Slenderman had slowly begun to increase, as his tentacles moved slightly behind him, and the dark aura flowed from them. You opened your mouth to state your questions, but a piercing static noise echoed inside your mind, making you fold in two, holding your head, while soft tears started forming on your eyes. You turned to seek help from the others next to you, and you could see that they also were affected by the noise, only enduring it with their heads held high.

Two sturdy arms wrapped around your waist tenderly, and Jeff held you against him, preventing you from falling completely down.

  Then, only three words echoed inside your mind like a death warning.

‘’Gather. Here. Now.’’

  And the static disappeared. For a few moments there was complete silence. Nothing could be heard around the house, not even with your excellent hearing ability, as if no one was inside. And then, hell broke out.

  Doors were heard opening and banging, while many heavy footsteps sounded landing hard on the wooden floor. Looking up towards the stairs, you immediately saw the three proxies making their way to you, with Masky being pushed aside by Toby and with Hoody barely able to catch the white-masked proxy before he fell off the stairs, while in his hurry, Toby stumbled on his own feet, losing his balance and falling down the stairs, butt first. EJ came rushing through the next corridor, syringes and papers still at his hands, while a large white cloud pouffed near Slenderman, and from within came Laughing Jack.

 ‘What happened?’ Masky asked as he came inside, dragging Toby along with him.

‘I was in the middle of a research Slender.’ EJ mumbled.

‘We have some serious news children, so please sit down.’ The serious tone on the faceless man shushed them all.

  Slenderman nodded for Jeff to announce the news ‘Go on child.’

Jeff released you, taking a step forward, and you noticed that EJ’s gaze had previously fallen on you two, only to look away immediately.

 The smiling killer took a deep breath ‘My brother’s back in the f*cking town.’

  Gasps and swears ran along the room. The three Proxies looked at each other, with the dark aura starting to ooze from their bodies. EJ subconsciously tightened his grip around the syringes, Clockwork swore under her breath and for the first time, LJ frowned, with a serious look dawning on his eyes. You looked at them without knowing how to react, since you had absolutely no idea what that meant.

  ‘Is he alone Jeff?’ LJ asked.

‘No, Doctor Smiley is with him. Me and _____ met him at the park.’ Jane commented, folding her hands on her chest.

  ‘F*ck! Why didn’t you tell me?’ Jeff threw angrily at her.

‘You didn’t give me a f*cking chance! You grabbed her and ran!’

 ‘T-those f-f*ckers again huh?’ Toby’s goggles flashed.

  ‘Do you think they’re after someone?’ Ben asked.

‘L…..Let’s….hope….it’s none……of…us.’ Hoody was barely audible.

 ‘I told you guys, we should have killed them last time!’ Clockwork yelled.

‘Children!’ Slenderman interrupted and everyone fell silent again ‘Let us talk in peace.’

  ‘Can someone explain to me who the hell are they?’ you ask.

‘They are hitmen _______. Far worse than us.’ EJ said.

‘Homicidal Liu, who is Jeff’s brother, Doctor Smiley, Bloody Painter, The Puppeteer and Nurse Ann are a team of elite hitmen. They are paid to kill anyone that they are asked of. But they specialize in killing their own kind. Creepypastas.’ Masky grimly informed you.

 Your eyes widen with surprise ‘What?!’

 ‘We’ve lost many of our team to them ______.’ Clocky places her hand on your shoulder.

  ‘Lost Silver, St. Matthew Sullivan, Nina The Killer, Bad Dream Debbie……Scissormouth……Father Malone.’ Jane hid her face in her delicate hand.

  ‘Laughing Jill.’ LJ added, his eyes flashing with anger.

No one dared to speak no more. Everybody was lost in their thoughts and sorrows, and you could see Jane’s shoulders shaking slightly. She was crying. Both Clocky and you rushed to her side, and she broke down in silent sobs in Clocky’s arms.

  ‘So who are they after now?’ Ben asked the dreaded question.

All eyes fell on Jeff.

   The killer reeked with pure rage, that came off from every pore of his existence. You could see that his hands had curled into powerful fists, while he was looking at the floor as if his furious gaze was enough to set it on fire. It kind of scared you; you hadn’t seen him that pissed off, ever.

  ‘Jeff?’ EJ asked his buddy ‘Who are they after?’

‘They’re after _____.’

  Your eyes open wide with surprise and your head empties, as all eyes fall on you.

‘M-me?’ you manage to stutter.

  ‘F-f*ck no! Not k-kitty!’ Toby was the first one to react.

‘Those pieces of utter sh!t!’ EJ yelled, slamming his fist against the wall, bending it.

 ‘Apparently, the mother*ckers you are after paid a good fortune to get rid of you. Or this is what slipped from Liu.’

  ‘Then that means that the mice are still in town!’ you exclaim ‘It’s the best chance to kill them know, before the others start coming after me!’

  ‘Didn’t you f*cking hear me?! They are already after you! So, there will be no f*cking way that you’ll leave this walls until we take f*cking care of them!’

  ‘What?! Why? We can totally slip under their noses! I can kill both of them in one night! Then I’ll do what you like!’ you defend yourself.

  ‘No. F*cking. Way!’

‘I’m afraid Jeff is right on this case ______. It is too dangerous and I will not allow it.’ Slenderman stands up.

 ‘What? No I ca-‘

‘I do not need to hear excuses _____. I have decided already.’ Slenderman says ‘The same goes for the rest of the Pasta also. From this moment on, hunting is off limits and no one is to go outside the mansion’s walls. That is, until we find a way to deal with the nuisances.’

  ‘See? Even Slendy agrees.’ Jeff says.

Your mouth was agape from the moment Slenderman spoke, but in Jeff’s words, you just snapped. Pure rage was already boiling inside of you like hot water. Turning to Jeff, you throw him a death glare ‘F*ck you Jeff!!!’

 You try to storm out of the living room, but a hand grabs you from your arm. Jeff.

  You turn and slap it away, tears of overflowing rage, rolling down your face ‘DON’T TOUCH ME!’

  ‘YOU’LL GET F*CKING KILLED OTHERWISE! I DID IT FOR YOU!’

   ‘TO HELL WITH THAT! I DON’T F*CKING CARE! YOU’RE NOT THE ONE HAVING NIGHTMARES OF YOUR LITTLE SISTER ASKING YOU WHY YOU ARE NOT KILLING THEM YET AND SENDING DEAD PEOPLE TO DRAG YOU ALONG WITH THEM EVERY SINGLE NIGHT! SO YEAH! SORRY FOR WANTING TO SLEEP LIKE A NORMAL MOTHERF*CKER FOR ONE NIGHT! IF THEY GET AWAY, I WON’T BE ABLE TO FIND THEM! SO THANK YOU JEFF THE KILLER, YOU JUST F*CKED ME UP FOR THE REST OF ETERNITY!!!’ and with that, you push through the Proxies and run with all your might to your bedroom, slamming the door so hard behind you that the hinges almost come off.

   You were so furious! You screamed and smashed various things around your room, throwing them to the wall with all your might, leading them to shatter in million little pieces. The monster inside your head growled every time you growled and screamed. Anger didn’t even begin to describe how angry you were. You wanted to smash Jeff’s thick skull against that wall and not your things.

   Yeah, you knew that it was a suicide mission if you went out to find them, but it was your only chance to find them. Your mind told you to stay still and not do anything, but your fear of the nightmares of heartless people and monsters dragging you to hell with them made you so terrified of not being able to kill the rest and having to suffer through the rest of eternity. You knew Jeff did it out of your own good, but who the hell said that you were unable to manage things alone?!

 Banging was heard coming from the door.

  ‘______ open up!’ Jeff’s voice sounded from the other side of the door.

‘Get lost Jeff! NOW!’ you screamed and threw another unidentified thing against the door.

‘I just want to explain to you!’

  ‘I don’t f*cking care!’

Jeff sighed loudly and turned to EJ that was standing silent right next to him.

  ‘What do we do now Jack?’

‘Boys.’ Slenderman peeked from the living room up to where the two teenagers were standing ‘I trust you to calm her down and deprive her from doing something she would regret.’

  ‘Yeah yeah.’ Jeff rolled his unblinking eyes.

‘I’ll calm her down.’ EJ knocked on the door ‘______ it’s me. Can I come in?’

  ‘Leave EJ.’ Your voice sounded from within. Only this time it was somewhat calmer, controlled.

‘I just want to talk. I’m not leaving until you open up.’ The blue-masked man insisted.

 There was a pause for a few minutes.

‘Fine.’ You breathed out eventually ‘Just you though. If he comes inside, he’s dead meat!’ you threaten.

 EJ chuckles lightly under his mask and turning the door knob, he comes in. Jeff growls and head to his room, as soon as the blue masked man closes the door behind him.

  ‘Well, I see that you are angry.’ EJ comments looking around him at the smashed things, as you walk up and down the whole place.

 ‘Really? What gave you that idea?’ you reply full of irony, looking at him with tears rolling down your eyes. Which the killer notices.

 ‘I know you are pissed, but you can’t overlook the clear danger that you’ll be in if you go out ______.’ He is literally fighting himself into closing the distance between you both and burying you inside his arms, but the image of your reaction to his kiss keeps him away.

  An image that haunts even your thoughts as you keep pacing up and down, your hands flying up to your face ‘I just want the nightmares to end EJ. I’m so scared of them!’

  This time you let the tears roll freely. You had kept them hidden inside long enough and now, you finally reached your breaking point. You were just so scared. No one could understand, so you dared not tell anyone about them. But they were there. Every single night they would torture you to no end, making you want to end the torment and suffering. But even if you did put an end, you still would be unable to find peace. Your shoulders shook violently as sobs made their way out of your chest in large doses. You just couldn’t keep your façade on anymore. You wanted peace and quiet for just once.

  Two arms wrapped tenderly around you and the smell of cherries and medicine filled your nose, as you grabbed EJ’s shirt and started crying, with the man carefully cradling you in his arms, whispering softly on your ear to calm you down.

  He was in love with you. All the signs his body and mind gave EJ, pointed that way. He had fallen in love with the tough-nut-to-crack, the cold girl that was, in fact, just like a marshmallow. Hard on the outside, but once you looked pass the surface, she was soft and caring. The girl that was still holding on on her humanity. And you were magnificent to him. You were just perfect. It didn’t particularly matter that you acted the way you acted when he first kissed you. He was logical enough to understand that it was way too early for you and the only thing he managed to do was to confuse you even more, or in the worst possible scenario, scare you. This time, he knew that he was given a second chance, as he knew that he wouldn’t screw up this time. He would walk on your pace, not the other way around. Still, the only thing he wanted to do, was wrap his hands around you and protect you from the whole world, allowing no one to even think about hurting you. Because you were his little, breakable girl. You needed care and protection and he would gladly give them to you. Because from the moment you came into his life, shaking up everything on your path, his long stopped heart was one step away from beating once again, only for you. And he knew that it was because of you. He felt no longer alone and cursed; no, he felt more alive than ever, as if inside the endless night of his life, the moon appeared out of the clouds and everything became bright again. You were there for him. As he would always be there for you, no matter what the future held in hand for the two of you. Because he loved you. It was as simple as that.

   From your point of you, you were actually glad EJ was here. You cried and cried and he just held you there, supporting you with no words; heck, there is no need for words when these kinds of times come. You were still a little bit too awkward to be around the eyeless man, as the tender kiss that the two of you shared always popped inside your mind. But for now, you had just left it aside. For now, the only thing you wanted was for someone to be there for you and say nothing. Just hug you as tenderly as EJ did. Allowing you for the first time in ages, to just break down.

  You cried until you fell asleep. Noticing, EJ placed you tenderly on your pillows, pulling your covers up so that you would not catch a cold. Your relaxed face, made the killer stop and just stare at your sleeping form for some time. You had finally calmed down. Your peaceful face made a small smirk creep its way on EJ’s face.

  Carefully, he pulled his mask up, revealing his mouth, and bending over to you, planted a small kiss of your forehead.

  ‘Goodnight princess.’