Chapter 35 When You're Gone

Tick-tock. Tick-tock. Tick-tock.

 The Creepypasta household was oddly silent.

   The vast corridors of the old, but still majestic, house were submerged in total silence, allowing the cold wind to be heard coming from the raging blizzard that continued for weeks now to pound mercilessly on the old and rusty windows of the house. Still, there was no one there to close the shutters or make sure that the windows where properly shut. Because the huge manor was completely empty. There were no happy or even irritated voices coming from anywhere inside the house, nor the heavy pounding of footsteps landing against the floor was heard. And that was because most of the household residents were not in the house. No, they were outside, fighting against the blizzard and scanning the whole forest inch by inch and trail by trail, trying desperately to find the only thing that had been missing for quite some time now. One of their companions. One of their family members. You.

  Even the household master was out looking for you himself, his own patience and controlled emotions running thin with the passing weeks. It was preposterous! Why couldn’t they find you? Why was no one able to even feel your presence anywhere near them? Where were you? Where have they taken you?

  It had been nearly one month that you were kidnapped.

They had no clue on whether or not you were still alive, or where your whereabouts might be. It was as if earth had opened up and swallowed you alive, causing you to completely disappear within it. Still, they would not give up until they find you. Not before you are either safe, or they have collected your remains. Because you were family. And family is not left behind.

  But the house wasn’t completely empty.

Ben and Sally were in the kitchen, messing around with the various kitchen supplies and trying their best to cheer themselves up and make something to eat, chatting calmly among themselves, trying no to disturb Jeff.

  Jeff on the other hand, was sitting in his usual armchair near the window, his never-blinking gaze pinned on the blizzard that raged outside, while he threw his knife up and down in the air, catching it mindlessly with his right hand, paying no attention to the subconscious habit of his, but nonetheless, never failing to catch the knife. His mind was wandering off to a certain smiling girl, her beautiful figure engraved within his insane mind.

  From the moment they had found out that she was taken away, Jeff felt the same paroxysm that poisoned him the very first day that he was plunged into insanity and made him kill his own family, rise up once again inside of him. He did not care for anything. He obeyed no one. The only thing that was on his mind was to find her. To retrieve her and close her up somewhere where not even the sun would reach her, in fear that he would take her away from him again. One week, two weeks, three weeks, four weeks, he was constantly out, bringing himself to the very edge of his own body limits, pushing himself again and again to search for her. Her fleeting image almost danced in front of him, inside the thick snow, making him scream in total insanity and anger that he could not reach her. But still, there she was, just standing right in front of him and smiling brightly at him, her (h/l) (h/c) hair waving serenely around her face, her giggle ringing in his ears.

  Slenderman had found the smiling killer curled up in a ball against a tree trunk and with a waterfall of tears streaming down his face, calling her name again and again and screaming loudly, his hands covered in his own blood and the tree behind him having suffered most of the angry blasts the killer had graced it with, using his very own fists. He had taken him back and ordered him not to go outside for the rest of the week, ordering him to rest and eat well to regain his power and self control. It was one of those rare moments that Slenderman acted like a real father to the deranged killer.

  But pulling himself together was an order that Jeff couldn’t obey this time around.

 Not because he didn’t want to, but because he couldn’t. Not without her here.

  ‘Jeff?’

  The killer caught the knife once again, but this time didn’t throw it again, but neither did he turn to see who addressed him.

  Sally walked up to him hesitantly, a small smile gracing her beautiful little face, as she carried a bowl of soup to Jeff, while Ben watched closely behind her.

  ‘You haven’t eaten anything for four weeks, so we made you some of Ben’s amazing soup.’ The little girl cooed, smiling brightly, watching as the smiling killer still didn’t turn towards her.

  Then, just in the blink of the eye, Jeff was standing up, his face averted on every other surface but the little girl’s face. He turned around, passing by Sally and messing her hair lightly, continuing to walk out of the living room. He couldn’t look at Sally without being reminded of her.

  ‘We miss her too Jeff.’ Ben spoke up.

Jeff suddenly stopped, his tall figure coming to a sudden stop at his friend’s words, but instead of answering, after a brief moment of complete silence, he continued on his path, out of the living room and up the stairs, walking towards his room without a single word. He just didn’t have the f*cking nerves to f*ck with anyone right now. He just wanted to be f*cking damn alone. Why can’t they f*cking get it? Pieces of sh!t.

  As he rose his hand to turn the doorknob of his room, his unblinking eyes fell of ____’s door. Surprisingly, it was half opened, but as soon as expectation filled the killer’s heart, waiting to see her coming out with a big smile gracing her face, the feeling soon faded and crushed into tiny pieces, as no sound came from within.

  Cursing heavily under his breath, he walked up to the door, intending to close it and be done with it, when his stare fell on something under ____’s bed, near the door.

  For the first time after so many weeks, the killer felt something else than just pure rage and heartbreak fill his cold and empty heart. It was a peculiar feeling; one he hadn’t felt in quite a while, even if it used to be a rather common one. Curiosity.

  Opening the rest of the door, he was really careful not to allow his stare to stray anywhere else inside her room, in case he would be totally consumed by her lingering presence, her body aroma that was coming from every possible little thing that she touched inside her room, as well as the pure sunlight that was coming through the windows and illuminated her room gracefully. He just could not look at her room and realize her absence. Maybe if he didn’t acknowledge it, she would come back one day.

  Bending down, he snatched the two pieces of paper fast and coming out of her room, closed the door behind him heavily.

  He exhaled.

He never even knew he was holding his breath in the first place.

 Bringing the two pieces of paper close for examination, it was evident that someone had torn the paper violently, dividing it into two pieces.

From the logo in the back, it was evident that it was a picture. But whose picture?

  Turning it curiously and connecting the pieces, Jeff found himself gazing upon a human girl.

  She was really a beautiful girl, even if she was just a human. Her (s/c) skin contrasted harmoniously with her (h/l) (h/c) hair that framed her beautiful face, falling heavily around her, but only adding to her beauty. Her (e/c) orbs where focused on the camera lens and she was smiling with the most bright smile the smiling killer had ever seen, while holding a handful of surprise lilies. She was dressed in a white summer dress and behind her, a field of surprise lilies could be clearly seen.

 It took Jeff a good five minutes to realize who he was looking at.

  It was her.

_______.

 If Jeff could frown, he would already have, but instead, the smiling killer pressed his lips hard together and clenched his jaw firmly. That simple little piece of f*cking paper was enough to bring back the strong current or remorse and heartbreak the killer felt. It was his fault. It was entirely his fault. He should have been the one in her shoes. He should have been the one to suffer.

  His brother will pay.

His brother this time will f*cking die for good.

 And she’ll be back in his arms.

 Whatever the cost.