Chapter 54 The Masks Fall

'_____! _______!'

  Someone was calling your name from somewhere close around you. It sounded rather urgent, since the voice was sounding again and again trying to draw your attention, but, you would rather not deal with this right now. It's better to stay right as you were and continue sleeping. It was by far the best thing you could do and for just once, you were glad to do so, no matter the fact that the surface you were leaning on was wet, making your clothes soaked in just mere seconds and also, the burning sensation that spread around your neck and on your left wrist. In front of your unbearable numbness and tiredness, these were just mere flaws in the perfect opportunity you had to get some sleep. So, no matter how much this guy screamed for you to wake up, you wouldn't do it.

   But as you allowed your brain to drift into the numbness of sleep once again, a peculiar film flashed before your tightly closed eyes.

   You were taking the trash out.... waiting for Helen....there was someone watching you.... a tall faceless being who came up to you....he offered you his hand......you gave him yours.....then everything went black.

  As the memories registered inside your mind, your eyes shot open, only to find yourself lying on the front lawn of your house. Rain was pouring down from the vast dark sky, gently falling on your cold skin, that was covered in a sticky substance but it also fell on your neck and your left wrist, soothing away the excruciating pain that resonated from them. Realizing your whereabouts, you shot your gaze frantically to every possible corner around, in a desperate attempt to see where the monster was, only to realize that it was gone. Instead, Helen was leaning towards you, his black hair drenched by the rain and his dark eyes clouded by sheer worry and anxiety about your wellbeing. His hands were wrapped hard around your shoulders and it was obvious by the pain on them that he had shaken you hard to wake you up, something that might have taken him longer than normal...What the hell had happened?!

  'H...Helen?' you whisper wearily, looking back at your brother with curiosity passing from your clouded (e/c) eyes.

   '______ what the f*ck are you doing here?!' he shakes you once again, anger flashing in his eyes, making your eyes open wide by surprise. Helen never swore; not to you at least.

  'I-I passed out..' you rush to explain yourself.

'Do you know how dangerous it is to pass out in the middle of the night and on the lawn? What if someone got to you before me?!'

  'I-I don't know what happened Helen! I really don't! I'm sorry!' your voice cracks in the end of your phrase, fear that the monster would get back painting your voice, something that Helen catches fast, his dark blue eyes softening in the sound of it.

  'It's okay sweet pea, don't be scared.' He presses his lips together, forming a perfect line 'Let's take you inside before you catch a cold.'

  The only thing you can do is nod slightly as the strong man passes his arms around you, picking you up bridal style and making his way back to the house, with you hiding your face in the cavity of his neck, letting the hot tears stream down your cold face, allowing for the first time in ages for your fear to show. Because you were so, so scared. You were scared about whether or not the being would come back, whether or not would it hurt Helen or you. You were so, so scared because you had allowed it to come so close to you and you did nothing but stare back at it like you were hypnotized or something. You were completely unable to defend yourself. So what if it comes back?