Chapter 59 The Destined Lovers (EJ)

~Genuine and true love is so rare that when you encounter it in any form, it's a wonderful thing, to be utterly cherished in whatever form it takes.~

Gwendoline Christie

  A hard knock reverberated inside the complete silence, coming from the door as it appeared.

     You were laying against a very warm surface, your tired eyes gently closed and your breathing even and rhythmical, as you slept peacefully and undisturbed, driven away from the reality around you and taken inside the luxurious and plentiful world of dreams, submerging yourself in an imaginary meadow filled with blue roses, almost feeling the soft air against your skin, making your hair wave happily. The sound that came from the door reached deep down into your unconscious mind, echoing inside the meadow and making you stir uncomfortably. It was just too good of a dream to allow anyone to break it to you and the sweet warmth that had enveloped your petite figure was something much more than plain cozy and relaxing to just give up on it like that. Whoever that was, he could definitely come around another time.

   The same knock sounded once again, more impatient this time.

   Finally, the light started penetrating your closed eyelids, pulling you gently but steadily away from the dreamland and taking you along with it to the real word, denying you any more sleep and the pleasure of not thinking for a bit. The day must be bright outside, but you knew that once your eyes would open, you would have to push the covers away from you, exposing your body to the chilling air of the first days of November, who was quick this year in allowing the white veil of snow to grace the hard and cold soil, leaving back the humid and rainy days of October. You shuddered lightly in the thought and made yourself more comfortable inside the warmth, frowning and sulking like a little child in the attempts reality did to wake you up. Inhaling deeply, the strong aroma of medicine and cherries reaches your nose, helping your mind slip once again inside the unconsciousness, resuming the dream you were seeing before with a small smirk of happiness on your lips.

 Aaaaaand the knocking only continues.

  'Hey, wake up already!' comes a familiar voice from behind the door, your brain registering it after a few moments to belong to none other than Ben.

You growl angrily 'EJ, can you get the door?' you mumble softly, finally opening your orange eyes unwillingly and releasing yourself from the man's tight grip, stroking his face softly with your fingers to help him wake up.

   The sudden distancing of your body allows the cold air to come barging inside the space that was created, chilling the both of you and making you regret your decision immediately. What wouldn't you give to return to those loving arms immediately...

 The man's closed eyelids flicker and eventually open, only for his empty stare to fall upon your sleepy and pouting face. He seemed disoriented for a little bit, his eyebrows furrowing above his empty eye sockets, but he only pulled himself towards you again out of sheer instinct and hugging you like you were some kind or real-life teddy bear, burying his nose inside your hair and inhaling the sweet fragrance deeply, but Ben knocks the door again and you feel his previously relaxed body tighten up just a bit, before he sighs upon hearing the elf's annoying voice coming from behind the door, demanding for him to wake up. Unwillingly, he pulls himself away from you and freeing his body from the covers, throws his feet to the side and rises on them, sleepily walking towards the door, trying to rub sleep off his face as you once again pull the covers above your head, sealing yourself away from the sunlight and trying to push away reality by hiding yourself away from it.