Chapter 15 Only A Bad Dream

You couldn’t help but feel yourself grow a little warmer towards Jeff after he covered you up last night. It was insane from your part and completely unreasonable, but after that little ‘chat’ you had in the kitchen and the pain you managed to feel in his voice when he spoke before covering you up, made your heart warm up a bit. Maybe he wasn’t the complete @ssh#le you thought he was. Maybe he was just misunderstood. And you couldn’t really blame him for being that way.

  The next morning found both you and Sally on the sofa, sleeping the best sleep you had in a really long time. EJ woke you both up, giving you a warm cup of coffee with plenty of sugar –just how you liked it- and a glass of milk for the little girl. When Sally went off to play, EJ sat beside you and you both chatted silently, discussing the resent results on one of your blood tests. Again, everything looked perfectly normal, leaving EJ more puzzled than ever and kind of disappointed. You tried to pacify him suggesting that next time, it would be a good opportunity for him to test you while drinking blood. Maybe this way, the blood consumption would trigger any reaction that would be considered peculiar. EJ found it a rather good idea and that it would surely trigger something, as you appeared to need blood the same way mortals needed water; for survival.

  ‘So what do you say EJ? Wanna go on a hunt?’ you suggested.

‘This doesn-‘

‘Nope! No one’s going anywhere tonight!’ Toby announces as he walks inside the living room with the other proxies close behind and while posing as if he was a superhero.

 ‘And why is that?’ you ask, throwing him a pillow.

‘Tonight’s a movie-sleepover night kitty!’ he announced, ticking more than usual and popping his neck, throwing the pillow back at you.

 ‘Not again.’ EJ exclaimed and threw his head back on the sofa.

‘Movie night?’

‘Every once a month we all gather to see a movie.’ Masky explained.

‘..L-last t-time…d-didn’t go…so well…’ Hoodie stuttered.

‘Yeah, Toby got thrown out of the window by Jeff ‘cause he couldn’t stop talking and Masky tripped on a fallen piece of candy LJ left around, getting a bloody nose from the collision.’ Ben grabbed the controller and turned a game on, jumping next to EJ on the sofa.

 ‘Don’t forget Slenderman yelling at us for destroying the living room too.’ EJ commented.

 ‘It was one hell of a night.’ Jeff entered the room and threw himself on his armchair, turning it to face towards all of you.

 You give him a sweet smile ‘I can bet on it. Okay then’ you say and turn to the others ‘You had my attention, now you have my interest. How about I make the food and you prepare the room? We are quite many and I don’t think we’ll last without food.’

‘Oh! Oh! Can I help too ______?’

Slenderman walked inside the living room with Sally on his arms. The little girl beamed with delight at you, hoping she would get to spend more time with her big sister. You smiled brightly at her and agreed, as she slipped down from the man’s arms and rushed towards you, shoving herself inside your arms lovingly. You closed her inside, kissing the top of her head lightly as EJ tickled her feet.

‘If I find the living room in the state I found it last month, I’m going to cast you all out. Do you hear me?’ Slenderman threatened, his voice booming on the close space.

‘We promise we won’t Slendy!’ Ben reassured.

 One by one, all of you agreed to keep the place just as it is. Something deep inside you gave you pictures of what they must have done to the room, one picture worse than the other. It was only logical for Slenderman to flip out if they were just a step away from tearing the place to the ground –you were quite sure though that they even hanged from the chandelier-. You reassured Slenderman that you would keep an eye out for the boys and he was quite sure that you were more than just able to beat them into pulp if they did something to the room. So, after lunch, you raised Sally on your arms and made your way inside the kitchen once again , just like yesterday.

‘Here you go honey.’ You say as you pass the apron from her head, tying it on her back ‘I’ll let you keep an eye to the cake. What do you say?’ you smile to her, pulling your own apron over your head and pulling the ingredients on the counter.

 ‘Can I put the ingredients in? Please ____! Please, please, please!’ She gives you the puppy eyes.

 You laugh ‘Of course honey.’

   Spending some quality time with Sally could only help you. Every time she was around you, you could feel your insanity slowly vanishing away and your old, human self rising once again inside of you. It felt kind of good to feel normal again, even for a small period of time. Like your very own shelter among the sheer madness that had taken over your mind, allowing the monster to roam free inside of you most of the time. But when you were around Sally, you could smile and laugh happily once again. The pain and torture that takes over your whole body when you are alone, vanishes and you are free to enjoy life. Maybe it’s not so bad here. Maybe you could, somehow and to some extent, replenish the loss of your family. Maybe you could have a family once again. A crazy, insane and dysfunctional, killer family.

 One hour afterwards, you find yourself singing loudly along with Sally and dancing around as you prepared dinner.

  ‘Boom boom boom clap.’ Sally sang merrily.

You're picture perfect blue.. Sunbathing under moon.. Stars shining as your bones illuminate.. First kiss just like a drug.. Under your influence.. You take me over you're the magic in my veins..This must be love!! The sound in my heart..The beat goes on and on and on and on and-’

Boom clap.’

‘You make me feel good..Come home to me come home to me now! The sound in my heart..The beat goes on and on and on and on and..You make me feel good..Come home to me come home to me…’

  Both of you sang on top of your lungs dancing around the kitchen. The boys hearing the noise you two made just left you enjoy yourselves, with Jeff and EJ making sure neither an eager Toby nor Ben would interrupt you. Slowly but steadily the whole house was starting to have a more happy vibe on it, with cheerful voices echoing around it. Who said that killers can’t have fun, smile or sing? They can still tear you in pieces with a smile on.

 ‘Okay Sally, go play with Ben.’ You say as you put her down. The little girl ran out of the kitchen with her pink dress waving behind her from the speed.

  ‘Hey _____. Want help?’ you look up and see a very awkward looking Jeff standing by the door, messing his burned black hair in uneasiness. He was unsure of offering to help and kind of used all his self control to try being friendly, but in the end took his chance, only to see you smile brightly at him.

 ‘Hey Jeff. You can help me cut the vegetables if you want.’ You say as you cut a yellow pepper in half.

 He silently comes towards you, eyeing the now sliced pepper like it was a potential victim. You mentally laugh and give him the knife you were using. He begins to cut the pepper a little bit too carefully to be honest, while you grab a pan for the cake, starting buttering its surface. Your eyes are nailed at Jeff that looks like a fish out of water. It was obvious he hadn’t done that before, but if his question was a rhetorical one and he didn’t plan on helping you from the start, well, too bad for him. Think of it as your revenge for his behavior all this time. But, he doesn’t complain at all as he continues his chore and you preparing the cake for the oven. Both of you soon fall in complete silence as you prepare the base for the pizza, a silence that is soon broken by Jeff.

 ‘Say _____. I heard Masky say that ya found one of your ‘mice’. How did that f*cking happen?’

You just shrug ‘I just happened to stumble on him on the street. If the cops hadn’t got in the way I would have tasted his blood on the spot.’

‘F*cking pests. These Pacmen in police suits in the town are f*cking annoying. They almost got me once.’ He admits.

 ‘Really? What did you do?’ you ask.

  ‘Lured them in and f*cking sent them to sleep. Ya should have seen their f*cking faces. I laughed for ages.’

 ‘Well you were lucky then. They didn’t leave me space to run. So the mouse got away.’

‘Want me to hunt him down for ya?’ he offered with a sly smile.

‘Nah, thank you.’ you smile back ‘I can hunt him alone.’

‘Ya know, I could teach ya some moves on hunting if ya like. Since ya suck at it.’ His smirk is wide.

‘You haven’t seen me hunting. So we could end up with me teaching you.’ you fight back.

  ‘What‘d ya say we go out for hunting. We’ll see who’s best. Loser admits defeat.’

‘Oh, the bet is on Jeff the Killer.’ You flash him a dangerous smile, insanity creeping on your mind.

 ‘Bring it on Halloween.’ He says and you see his eyes flash red.

‘Oooooh, kittyyyyyy! Can you come here for a sec~?’ you hear Toby calling for you.

   You quickly dry your hands on a towel ‘You keep cutting the vegetables.’ You warn Jeff who scoffs and rolls his eyes. Walking inside the living room, at first you don’t know either to yell at them or praise them. They have removed everything out of the way, including the sofa, Jeff’s armchair and the coffee table and instead, they have spread pillows all over the place along with small mattresses and many blankets. The whole place looked like a shelter and many of the other Creepypasta were already lying down. You found Toby and Ben disagreeing on what movie you should watch. Toby voted for Halloween 1 and Ben for Saw II. But in the end, you voted for Saw II, leading Toby to pout and Ben to mock him, but as you explained, family massacres were NOT on your ‘to see’ list.

  So when the food was ready and Jeff helped you carry it on the living room, you all sat down and started the movie. You were rather surprised when you noticed that you were placed right between Jeff and EJ, with the first one on your left and the other one on your right. Sally crawled her way in your arms and you hugged her tenderly as the two boys sat beside you. The movie shortly started and after about half an hour, you were sensing Jeff’s anger towards a non-stopping, talking Toby, while the protagonists where currently on their second trap with the furnace. He was loudly saying that the man inside the furnace was a total @ssh*%e since he didn’t even see the knob that turned the gas off and thus was cooked alive, but after you threw him one of the pillows and hitting him straight on the head, he finally shut it.

  But when the Needle Pit came on, you were the one yelling towards the TV for the injustice of throwing someone else inside, while you grabbed another slice of pizza for Sally. Just as the policeman finally had his sanity broken and beat up Jigsaw, you already felt your eyes growing heavy and had rested your head on EJ’s lap right beside you with him towering over you, while you had stretched your legs on Jeff’s own, with him resting his arms on them. Sally was already sleeping, gently resting against your tummy.

  When the movie ended, you all agreed that it was awesome. All of them started lying down on their spots. You lied down on your pillows, resting Sally inside your arms, while EJ took his mask out and placed it beside him and Jeff pulled his sleeping mask on and rested heavily on his pillows. All of you mumbled goodnights to one another and you finally closed your eyes, breathing out heavily.

  Quickly, you drifted inside a dreamless sleep.

  It was just you wandering once again inside the absolute darkness. You looked around you and tried to walk out of it, only to discover that it was endless and completely void. At some point though, you started feeling something heavy and warm against your back. It was so tight that you somehow felt uneasy from the warmness. And as if that wasn’t enough, your left hand felt heavy, like it was pressed against something heavy. You tried to shake them both off, but nothing happened.

  Uneasily, you opened your eyes.

You immediately realized why you felt so uneasy. EJ had hugged you tightly from behind, burying you inside his arms, with his head resting inside your hair, his light breath falling on the bare skin of your neck. On the other side, your left hand was almost crushed, as Jeff had hugged it with all his power, resting his head on your open palm and breathing lightly, murmuring faintly. You smiled to yourself and being very careful not to wake them up, you released yourself and comfortable once again, you rested on your pillows, closing your eyes once again.

  You were walking on the main highway of your hometown.

  The roads were completely empty, without the faintest indication that any living soul was near. The cars were completely empty, parked beside the sidewalk, patiently waiting for their owners. The various and different shops that were along the way were closed up tight and dark, almost ready for their owners to open them up and welcome the new customers that would make their way inside of them. You breathed out heavily. The sun had just barely made his way on the distant horizon, gracefully enlightening the forest and the small town that was located inside of them, with his faint sunlight falling on every surface, giving you the feeling like it was a late evening, with the only difference that there was no one on the road. Everything smelled of rain and soil around you, while the air was moist and clear, with the complete absence of mist. You breathed out once again and wiped your bloody knife on your clothes. That would mark the last victim for tonight. A man, barely over twenty years old. His blood had the faint taste of roses, making you take your time to indulge yourself in it. You continued to walk down the road, towards the lavish forest. The others would be waiting for you on the Mansion. You had agreed for you to return earlier, but it had taken you longer than expected.

  So you made your way towards the forest.

‘_____’

 You spinned around immediately.

It was an almost-not-even-audible voice. You heard it coming from right behind you, breathing out your name just beside your ear, ever-so-silently. All alarms on your head went off, but as you turned, nothing but the empty road was behind you. Your heart beat loudly inside your chest and your breathing became lighter and faster. Someone was watching you.

  There!

Inside the shadows of an alleyway, something moved!

 You ignored it immediately and turned, walking towards the forest. If you just went inside of it, you would be safe. You would be in Slenderman’s territory and nothing would harm you in any way. As you walked hastily towards it, you saw the shadows around you begin to move. The closer you would get towards the forest, the faster the shadows would move.

‘______!’ ‘

________’ ‘
________’

‘___________’

‘SHUT UP!’ you yelled furiously, trying desperately to ignore them, but their loud voices clouded up your mind.

‘_______’

‘_____’

‘_______’

  Now the shadows had turned into people. You saw them out of the corner of your eye, gently flowing out of the shadows and starting walking along the road, and dangerously close towards you, with insane smiles on their faces, that send shivers down your spine. Their inhuman laughter and voices sounded like heavy bells inside your mind, making you want to cover your ears and start to scream.

‘_____.....’

‘_______’

‘________!’

‘JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!’ you scream towards them, covering your ears and stopping on your tracks. Tears were rolling down your face. You just wanted all this to end. Why can’t they just leave you alone.

 ‘_____.’

‘WHAT DO YOU WANT?!’ you scream and turn, only to see a girl, just around your age, standing right behind you.

  Her eyes were completely black, with only the black sclera being seen, no iris at all. She had blonde, curly hair and a perfect, curvy body. Her neck was completely cut open, with blood dripping down, but she appeared to be smiling insanely to you, a smile that reached her ears. But the most terrifying thing of her was the open wound she had on her chest, as her heart had been torn out of her chest violently. The empty hole terrified you, making you scream on top of your lungs, only for her hand to fall hard on your face, making you turn and fall on the ground heavily. Before you had the chance to react, four more people surround you. Their laughter pounding on your ears, as you tried with all your might to make your way away from them, only to be kicked back. There was something hauntingly murderous about them, as if they were insanity with blood and bones and in a way they were all different. Still they had only two characteristics alike, other than their insanity. The same black eyes and the same hole where their hearts should be.

‘Leave me alone! Let me go!’ you screamed desperately. They started kicking you and laughing at you so much, that you were unable not only to defend yourself, but also to cover your ears to cut the noise. It was driving you insane and you felt your sanity slowly draining away as your attackers laughed and hit you more and more, constantly calling your name.

‘_______’

‘_______’

“_______’

‘GO AWAY!’

They grabbed your legs and hands, trying to keep you still, as they turned you over so that you could look on their faces. You screamed and tried to free yourself, but every attempt fell on the void. The blonde girl pinned your shoulders down; another girl with brown hair made sure you weren’t able to move your lower half, by holding you down as well. Their faces gazed upon your screaming and crying one, with black liquid coming out their mouths as they all smiled brightly at you. The two boys made sure your feet couldn’t move. And all of them said the same thing over and over again.

‘______’

‘______’

‘______’

‘_______’

‘Leave me alone! Don’t hurt me please! I’m begging you!’

‘We’re here ______’

‘We found you now….’

‘No need to worry’

‘________’

‘_____ wake up.’

  Then, you saw another boy walking up at you. He was tall, with raven black hair falling loosely over his shoulders and very pale skin. His eyes were also black and he was around your age as well, with the same hole on his chest, which reached his back, leaving an empty void where his heart once was and allowing you to see from the other side.

‘Hello _____.’ He said.

‘NO! GET AWAY!’

‘____ you have to wake up!’

‘At last we meet, my sweet, sweet _____.’ He smiled and insane smile to you.

‘NOOOOO!’ your eyes pop open.

  Immediately, you see black orbs with no eyelids and right beside them, empty eye sockets. You let out a breath you didn’t know you were holding, the moment you recognize Jeff and EJ leaning over you with worry painting their faces. Jeff was holding your shoulders down with power a task that seemed easier than it was, while EJ the rest of your body, sitting on top of you to deprive you from moving. You were covered in cold sweat and breathing heavily as if you had ran a marathon.

 ‘EJ….Jeff…?’ you manage to choke out.

‘Everything is okay _____.’ EJ murmurs kindly.

‘Ya’re okay.’ Jeff reassures.

Looking around you as they both let you go, you see all the others sleeping peacefully on their pillows around the room. You were safe. You were in Slender Mansion. There was no threat around. You were home. You fall back into your pillows, breathing heavily as the boys lied down once again beside you, their worried eyes nailed on you.

 ‘T-thank you.’ you mumble wearily.

‘It was only a nightmare _____. Don’t be scared. It’s over now; you are safe.’ EJ said, pulling his pillows closer to you.

 ‘Go to sleep doll. It was only a dream.’ Jeff smiles at you.