Repentance Pt. 1: Moving Onward

(Y/N) POV

Everything hurts... My body, mind and soul... everything was in so much pain and I could barely understand why. Was it that look that she was giving me? Was it of pity? Regret? I couldn't wrap my mind around it. Don't look at me like that, you're supposed to hate me. Resent me for everything I've done, I thought you could at least do that after all this time. Or do you refuse to do so because you think this is all because of their brainwashing? You did tell me about all of that... I could think of many possible times of when they could've... Still

(Y/N): "Are you even trying?!" Blade raised, eyes focused. My target, dead ahead. I take a deep breath with the slightest bit of focus returning to my shaking vision. "Then this really is a joke if that's truly the case."

Akame: "You can stop acting."

(Y/N): "Acting? I'm your enemy, if I was acting then-"

Akame: "You aren't fit to fight, you haven't been for a long while. Even all the way back in Kyoroku, your healing was jeopardized even if it was less apparent. There's no logical way for Tatsumi to have escaped you otherwise. And if your healing was weak back then, then I could only assume how much your strength has been sapped."

(Y/N): "So what?" Back when Bols died, my healing should've let me get back in the fight within just one or two minutes... I could've saved him even if I endured that explosion. And it only gets worse from there. Every single time I need to heal is another instance of me losing more and more power to at least keep me equal with her. Right now, both of us know how one sided this fight really is unless she wants to lose and die here instead of me. "That only means that this should've ended so much earlier. So why aren't you taking this seriously?"

Akame: "I am taking this seriously, but you know why this fight isn't over already. Please... just drop your weapon."

(Y/N): "That... is the one thing I can't do. And if I have to make you fight," I bring up Harbinger, it's glow shining within the dark of the night as I get ready to seal my own fate by activating its Trump Card. She knows I can probably power through Murasame's curse for even just a few more seconds to kill her as she charges ahead in desperation. "Then I'll do all I can."

Akame: "(Y/N)-!"

Poney: "Stop!" I felt an impact to my jaw before I dropped to the floor and grabbed it in pain, it hurts like hell she probably even dislocated it. But to think...

Akame: "Poney?! How-"

Poney: "It was a lucky guess, but after Night Raid showed up I knew you two were here. And that glow showed me exactly where you were."

(Y/N): "...Why are you here. I told you, this is something I need to do. I'm no longer your leader, second-in-command, or teammate there's no reason for you to need to do this. Even Kurome-"

Poney: "Kurome let me go instead of her, she's fighting so I could see you right now and I'm sure she'd want to be here too. I don't care what you are anymore." She approaches me, grabbing my head and hugging me as tight as she could as my mind couldn't keep up with my thoughts anymore. What- "Thank you for everything you've done, but you don't need to fight anymore. You don't have to throw your life away..."

(Y/N): "What?"

Poney: "Please, don't throw your life away. There are people fighting so that this wish of yours can be granted... but many others are here... fighting so you can stay alive. Not to repay a debt, or because you're allies but as people who care."

(Y/N): "Let me go, I can't do that. This is what I want."

Poney: "You want to die? After how you've seen death affect both you and those around you, you're willing to walk into your own death without thinking of how anyone else would feel?!"

(Y/N): "Yes! This is what I want! What I've been working for in secret so long just to maybe have a chance to-!"

Poney: "See everyone again?" I paused for a moment after I escaped her grasp and nodded, the wind blowing through the field, blowing over the pictures I had placed and shattering each one by one. "You have a new family here fighting for you, don't abandon it. Don't abandon us... don't abandon me." Tears... tears started to fall down her eyes as I paused.

(Y/N): "Stop... please. No matter how happy I am to see how you all feel, this is what I want and what will make me happy. It's what I deserve"

Poney: "Why did you try so hard to keep all of us alive, so hard to save everyone with all of the risk on yourself? And why can't we do the same for you, why do we deserve to live and you don't?! Is it really so hard for you to think that it's fine for you to stay alive and be happy with the rest of us?!"

Akame: "Poney..." She forcibly grabs the weapon Najasho gave me oh so long ago as I try to get it back, instead being held back by Akame.

(Y/N): "Let me go! We need to finish this fight, that's-"

Akame: "Not what I want, not what any of us want." She plants it into the ground, snapping the blade in half as I just stand there and stare... "You don't need to keep anymore promises, anymore vows. No more people to avenge... no more people to take revenge on."

(Y/N): "I..."

Poney: "You tell us to live all the time... it's time for you to hear it said to you as well." Something in my mind snapped, not out of anger and rage... joy... sadness... relief. All of those things flooded my mind as I just cried. When was the last time I cried? Who was it... no I know... it was for you... because I wanted to see you again, Cornelia... Because no matter what I did I could never move on... Akame lets me go again as I stayed next to her standing as I wiped the tears from my eyes.

Akame: "If you still wish to continue, you can-"

(Y/N): "No... that's enough. I can... I can move on now... Thank you... I love both of you..." If this world will allow it... then just this once I'll accept this happiness... that I've since forsaken year ago.