Chapter 1: Madness Begins

Sup, it's me again. Just here to tell you that this first half of this chapter is apart of the teaser in All but Forgotten if you've read that already and that if you're not familiar with that story to please read it first before reading this one.

Regardless, enjoy the story as I continue uploading on a nonexistent schedule. See you then. Adieu.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) POV

I stared at Father's corpse, a smile on his face in death as if he was proud of dying to his daughter's hands. She had Murasame in her hands, and Kurome was on the floor nearby as I approached her. I don't want to use Harbinger here, not when I'd very likely lose control of myself with no one to stop me.

(Y/N): "...You'd actually betray all of us, huh?"

Akame: "(Y/N), I thought both you and Green-"

(Y/N): "And you're just going to leave all of us?! You're going to just leave and let Poney die after meeting with Najenda once?"

Akame: "You know what this Empire is doing is wrong! You had to kill your own parents!" She deflects the bullet I shot from Prometheus, her seeing my eyes ready to kill.

(Y/N): "Sorry that this is how our promise breaks, Akame. I have people here I need to take care of still." She notices that she'll soon be surrounded. I don't know how many people they mobilized just for her but she's already forced onto the defensive now. She runs as fast as she could as the soldiers arrive around me. "How many people did you bring?"

Soldier: "We mobilized everyone we could."

(Y/N): "Don't do anything until I die. She's my friend, so the least I can do for her is be the one who kills her." He looked at me as if I was insane. Yeah, I can tell how that could be a given but I didn't care. I saw Murasame's curse on a few bodies as I charged through the forest with one target in mind as I landed a shot through her stomach. I went forward with a bullet aimed at her head, an ever familiar phrase ringing in my ears.

Akame: "I'll bury you!" She tried to strike for my head, my other hand taking a hold of my blade in order to block as I took the shot. She barely managed to dodge the shot and with her feint, landed a slash across my chest. "(Y/N)..." My right arm went towards my hip immediately, reattaching Harbinger attempting to cheat death. I couldn't breathe. My vision was getting blurry, but I still saw her outline. "...I love you... I'm sorry."

(Y/N): "A...kame..." This... this is death... right?

Soldier: "She's got Murasame! Take her out with the guns! Fire!" I couldn't hear the gunshots, but saw Akame slowly disappear from sight with one name ringing in my ears before my eyes closed.

Akame: "KUROME!!!"

Poney POV

(Y/N)... How could she kill (Y/N)?! Didn't she love him? She and Father didn't see eye to eye all the time but I thought the two of them actually cared for each other? What's going on, none of this makes sense!

Soldier: "Poney aren't you going to get up? Or can you not complete the mission?" I didn't see it, but I knew what he was about to do. He was going to shoot me if I didn't move.

(Y/N): "Don't you fucking dare."

Soldier: "What the-" I couldn't even see him move, but (Y/N) grabbed the gun and crushed it in one hand.

Poney: "(Y/N)?" He keeled over, coughing up blood as I could clearly see his chest. The marking from Murasame's curse still remains but Harbinger shines brightly. "(Y/N)!"

Soldier: "And what-"

(Y/N): "You dare touch her, and I'll kill you and the rest of your god damned family!" His gaze showed complete bloodlust as I realized what was going on. I forcefully made him bite into my arm as I cringed in pain. The last time I did this was when he first put it on since Green refused to do it. Soon enough, he calmed down but kept holding onto his chest with heavy breaths. "You hurt my family... I'll make you regret your very existence..."

Soldier: "Fine... Go with your family. You need some help for whatever the hell that curse is doing to you because you somehow aren't dead yet." He stayed silent, but the moment I went to pick him up he shook his head.

(Y/N): "Get Kurome..."

Poney: "You sure?"

(Y/N): "How the hell am I supposed to protect you guys if I can't power through this? Come on..." Thank you for being here... (Y/N)...

Kurome POV

Sis abandoned me... but he's still here right? I asked around, no one answering my questions of where he was. Not even Natala would answer that, after he calmed me down about Akame leaving. At least until I started following Poney as she tried to hide her presence while moving to an unknown location. Medical bay, so he was injured? I don't even.

Poney: "How is he doing?" The nurse didn't answer immediately, flipping through papers that seemed endless in nature before stopping finally.

Nurse: "He's hanging on by a thread. He stays conscious for a few hours before blacking out into a near deathlike state. He's always still alive though."

Kurome: "What happened?"

Poney: "Kurome?!"

Nurse: "If you want to know, look for yourself." She opens the door behind her, Poney ready to stop me but I jolted past her into the room. Markings, those are from Murasame's curse but I could see Harbinger was back on his hand and glowing dimly. His breaths could be seen within the breathing mask he was wearing as his chest heaved.

Kurome: "What-"

Poney: "Akame did that to him..."

Nurse: "If he's unable to recover, we'll need to-"

(Y/N): "No." (Y/N) held his head, forcefully pulling the mask off as he heard his heavy breaths in the air. "Not after she betrayed her family like she did." His eyes were unfocused, dull and with a readiness to kill like never before. "I'm not letting myself die until she pays. I don't care what anyone else says."

Nurse: "...At the very least, you won't be able to participate in a few missions. Your body isn't stable enough for now."

Poney: "(Y/N), please. Just-"

(Y/N): "Don't start crying for me. I'm not dead yet, so just wait for me I'll be better in no time." His eyes immediately looked with mine as he smiled before grabbing his head in pain again. "Kurome... I'm not going to leave you. I swear..."

Kurome: "...Thank you."

No POV

The two girls left with smiles on their faces with (Y/N)'s assurance, the headache he had being everlasting. Why? He didn't know he just wanted to scream his lungs out from the pain. Just thinking of what Akame did. Why? Why would she do it? She had so much here and she'd just throw it away after everything? His head felt like destroying itself. When did he start thinking like this? He knew about the Empire's corruption and now he-

Nurse: "Get some more rest, we're going to need to take a few more tests if you're able to at least stay stable right now."

(Y/N): "...As you wish." (Y/N) soon fell into an uneasy slumber, having some idea what would happen to him.

Doctor: "How likely is it for him to survive."

Nurse: "Very, his stability on the other hand ... isn't great. And I think he might figure the truth out."

Doctor: "Increase the dosage, trying to crack the Elite Seven's second strongest certainly is difficult..."

Nurse: "And what do we do when he recovers?"

Doctor: "We have several members to make another elite squad aside from the Dark Squad. If he's able to keep those two in check, then I'm sure he'll be able to lead others just fine." No one heard those words, those skeptical gazes (Y/N) once had towards the injustices that he saw disappeared. What remained, was his undying loyalty... and a crazed obsession for revenge. And what caused this? A trapped place in the form of the girl he loves.