Chapter 9: Peerless Soul

Wave POV

I seriously can't help but think it's weird that these two are the ones who can cook in our group. (Y/N) who seems like he can't even eat normally and Bols somehow just feels off in a place like this. Sure his attitude is different from what I first thought but this still somehow doesn't feel exactly right in here. I can even hear his breathing and it's a little unnerving...

Bols: "Wave, the spinach goes last otherwise it'll wilt."

Wave: "Oh, sorry."

(Y/N): "Small mistakes are fine, just a bit of extra effort can fix things like that." (Y/N)'s running around the entire place, making almost too many meals at the same time while me and Bols could only focus on one. Jeez, just how the hell does he work like that?

Wave: "Man... I'm seriously relieved that both of you are so nice."

Bols: "I'm... not nice..." What exactly does he mean by that?

(Y/N): "Your food's burning, please pay attention."

Wave: "Crap, sorry!"

(Y/N): "...Just don't be this empty minded on missions, you'll die otherwise." I could just sense the weight in their words, there's a lot behind everything they're saying. So what's going on with them? "I'm done, can either of you help carry some of this?" What the- He's already carrying at least half of it by himself! How does he even balance all of it?!

Bols: "I'll take over for you, Wave. Help him out."

Wave: "R-right." I could barely even carry a fourth of what he was, but at least it makes it easier for him. This is absolutely ridiculous.

(Y/N): "You wear your emotions on your sleeve, I can tell what you're thinking just by looking at you."

Wave: "H-huh?"

(Y/N): "...It's kind of a bad thing but at least for me it's a nice change of pace. I'm around too many people who usually hide how they feel."

Wave: "You're... a lot nicer than I thought."

(Y/N): "Was it because of the blood, or what." Even if I couldn't tell from his tone, his gaze already told me it wasn't a question. He already knew, though how he reacted back then didn't exactly give off the most friendly feeling in the world. "You'll get used to it eventually, I was forced to after all."

Wave: "How were you forced?"

(Y/N): "...A curse a traitor left on me..." I open the door to our dining room for him as someone charges from within and another person and Kurome grab all of the dropped plates.

Charlotte: "How's it going, Boss?!" He doesn't reply, a pained look and tears in his eyes as worry quickly grows everywhere. He screams in pain, as the guy with the plates turns towards Kurome.

Violet: "Kurome!"

Kurome: "Yeah, got it!" She takes something from out of her pocket, forcing the girl off of him and places them into (Y/N)'s mouth. Slowly, his screams die out and heavy breaths leave his mouths. "You okay?"

(Y/N): "Yeah... any of the food drop?"

Wave: "Is that seriously what you're worried about?! What was that?!"

(Y/N): "That-"

Stylish: "Was Murasame's curse, and that medicine is the only thing that keeps that pain bearable. Though last I checked, you only need two doses a day."

(Y/N): "Well, doc, it hasn't been like that for a few months now." Stylish has a more serious look, at least more serious than what I've seen from him in the little time I've known him.

Stylish: "I'll make some improvements on it, just come with me to my lab."

(Y/N): "If this is-"

Stylish: "It gives me a way to study Murasame's curse and well as help one of my colleagues, and you get a better way to stop this pain. I don't think you'd want to refuse this, right?" He gets up, a scoff being heard as he rolls his eyes again.

(Y/N): "Sure, whatever. I will kill you if you try anything, though." Kurome seems to cling to him as he says this with Stylish chuckling.

Stylish: "Don't worry, I won't between anything you have right now."

(Y/N): "Sure..." I still can't help but look in awe as he begins to leave with the doctor, turning around to face the girl again as she begins to panic. "Just don't be an annoyance to anyone else."

Charlotte: "R-Right, sorry Boss..." He smiles, not a hint of anger of what just happened from the pain he had to endure.

(Y/N): "Don't worry about it, I'm fine." He waves us off as I look and see four people I don't know as Kurome sighs.

Wave: "So...who are they?"

Esdeath: "They're (Y/N)'s old team. They won't be a part of our first mission, but we'll be working together because of him. Anyway, what was said about him was... interesting."

Poney: "Is he being kicked off because of that?"

Esdeath: "No, from the little of what I saw of his abilities, there's no reason to. As an enemy, he'd be a formidable adversary even with such a weakness. As an ally however, he's invaluable." The other girl lets out a sigh of relief. They're a tightly knit team, huh? "Anyway, Seryu. You were talking about an extra Teigu that was left behind after your battle?"

Seryu: "Ah, y-yes. We're in possession of a scissors-shaped Teigu collected from the enemy, but we haven't found anyone compatible with it yet."

Esdeath: "If someone isn't found soon, the Minister will take it... what a waste. Have any of you four-"

Cidd: "Nope, any Teigus we've come in contact with so far haven't been compatible with any of us yet. Sorry about that, ma'am."

Esdeath: "It's alright, that does show how you're all quite skilled with gaining your recognition and feats without a need of Teigu on all of you. But how about we have some fun while searching for someone who can wield it."