Chapter 4: Blood Pact

(Y/N) POV

The wind blowing onto my face only reminded me of the last time we took an aerial route towards a mission. Najasho... Green... And that's how Poney ended up- No, there's no use reminiscing right now, I can do that when I've got some time to myself. Right now I need to focus on my own team, which there was an obvious pattern I started to notice. Poney was going to end up dead with Akame killing "Uncle Bill" and that lost eye and scar on Cidd's chest told me a lot as well. They're giving me people that were going to die if they didn't perform well enough aside from Kurome right now...

(Y/N): "Guess we need to do well here then..."

Poney: "Why?" Poney was next to me when I was whispering to myself, but being able to talk about stuff like this with a friend isn't exactly the worst thing in the world.

(Y/N): "Like how someone was ready to kill you when Akame ran away, the other three are the exact same if they don't perform..."

Poney: "Then can't we let them do most of the work?"

(Y/N): "No, if they can't pull their own weight then we'll eventually die. I don't want them to die obviously, but we can't afford getting ourselves killed either."

Charlotte: "Don't worry about it." I looked up to see Charlotte smiling, still ever so fake from what I can tell. "Just don't think you're better than us because you can-"

(Y/N): "Oh please, it's not like we don't know that already. Someone else would be here too if..." If I wasn't so weak... She seemed to notice that moment of weakness but relented and took a seat again before we soon landed. The village wouldn't be too far away, and no need to scout out the place when we were told to kill everyone. "Just follow my mark, don't do anything too risky to jeopardize this mission. Take out the guards immediately."

Cidd: "You do know how we all fight, right?"

(Y/N): "As if I haven't been paying attention to what weapons you're carrying." Charlotte's using guns, not the best stealth weapon but if we keep her in the back until necessary for clean up she'll do just fine. Cidd's got a pair of axe's, they seem light enough for him to have enough mobility while Violet's using a pair of dual swords. "Just stay back until I call for you, Char. Everyone else you're going in as soon as me and Poney take out the first pair of guards." Poney smiles while everyone else nods to me and we split apart to get into position. When was the last time the both of us worked together like this, was it saving Green from one of the Oarburghs? Yeah, that seems about right...

Poney: "Gotcha!" Both of their heads were dismembered immediately, Kurome, Violet and Cidd jumping in from the shadows behind us to get the ones we wouldn't be able to get right away anyway.

(Y/N): "Charlotte!" She dashed in, dodging bullets aimed at her while firing back and landing shots like they were nothing. Some stylish flair upon her landing as she blew a kiss.

Charlotte: "I already called dibs on the most lucrative real estate in Hell, and everyone here gets a share."

(Y/N): "Less talking, let's go."

Charlotte: "Oh come on, Leader." I sighed, but she still followed regardless as we went inside. Screaming, so much screaming as I continued looking around just to make sure they wouldn't get blindsighted but unseen enemies or some reinforcements we didn't predict. Can't ever be too safe anymore. If I can help make sure they stay alive for even 1 more day, this is all I need. And well... to make sure no one can run.

(Y/N): "Where do you think you're going?" I already had my blade drawn, I wasn't letting anyone run away. I know what happens when you allow even 1 person to live and take revenge. And right now, I'm also one of those people to begin with.

Woman: "Please! Our family had nothing to do with the trades, we just wanted to live in peace!"

(Y/N): "..." I wished to remain silent for a moment, seeing her next move. Maybe she'd just run with her children, that would be her best chance of survival. Of course, she tried to attack me instead as I stabbed through her chest with a dead glare. "I gave you a chance to run, you didn't take it. Granted, I already knew you were lying so there was no escape to being with." I pulled the weapon out of the body, the kids screaming out as I gave them a dead look. They reminded me of the kids Akame took care of back then. Tetsu and Kana...

I remember what I saw that day. The despair that was stuck in my throat, the futile attempts to scream... The same despair I felt after Cornelia's death. I want to bury it all deep inside my mind and never let it out again. That despair... That weakness...

Can't exist anymore. Not if I want her to rest in pieces.

Kurome POV

This mission wasn't a difficult one, the hardest part for me was trying to find if anyone was worth making into a puppet for Yatsufusa. We all regrouped soon enough to dispose of the bodies while I noticed the dead look in (Y/N)'s eyes. That look has become more and more common when I look at him and I'm not sure what to say about it. He's only like this on missions, so much more focused than before on just killing.

(Y/N): "Good work, everyone. Let's keep this up on our future missions."

Cidd: "As if this was difficult at all."

(Y/N): "If you screwed up at something this simple, I would've killed you myself." Cidd immediately backs off, the fear in his eyes evident when looking at our leader now. I walked up to him while some others dispersed. This should be done before nightfall, even without everyone exclusively focused on it.

Kurome: "Are you okay?"

(Y/N): "...I would be lying if I said yes. But you don't need to worry, I'm simply... killing whatever weakness I have left here." He was holding onto some sort of cloth, and his eyes were focused elsewhere. He was staring at two children, ones that he killed and soon he recoiled back and held his head with a scream of pain leaving his lips.

Kurome: "(Y/N)?!"

(Y/N): "I'm fine! I'm... fine..." A few more heavy breaths as I passed him a bottle of water, silently telling him to take what the doctor gave to him. He took it immediately, a long breath leaving his lips as he wiped some blood that still remained on his mouth. "Hey, Kurome. You feeling okay after not taking your pills for a few days before Akame left?"

Kurome: "Yeah, I- Why are you mentioning it now?"

(Y/N): "No reason..." He held his chest after he finished saying that, before both of us hearing Poney call us elsewhere as he just motioned me to follow with a smile. When we got back together, (Y/N) started to pace around us. "Since no one decided to give our little... squad a name and we'll be with each other for hopefully a while longer I think it's safe for me to give us one. Any objections?"

Cidd: "Nope."

Violet: "That's a first from you."

Cidd: "Shut the hell up!"

Charlotte: "Yeah, all you leader!" Poney simply gives a thumbs up as I nod.

(Y/N): "We're the ones who hunt those who would betray this Empire, the ones who kill those who've left the pack and send them to their eternal rest. We're the Wolf's Shadow."