Execution: End of Madness

(Y/N) POV

I slashed through the air, blood splattering all over the ground as my blade remained at my side. She's so much stronger than she used to be that I'm barely able to keep up anymore. Maybe if my health or strength wasn't being sapped day by day this would be a little more in my favor... not that I would want it to be. She's more than strong enough physically... but mentally I... can't be too sure.

Akame: "(Y/N)." My chest was burning in ways even worse than I could describe, but in some ways my mind was clear. Some part of me knew that my thoughts were being tampered with in some way... Not tampered. Magnified, surely. But I can't regret it all now. "You're in no condition to fight. Stand down." I stared forward, my weapon refusing to drop as I glared.

(Y/N): "I don't need your pity. So many others had better reasons for people to let them live and instead I'm the one here left standing." I pointed the edge of my sword back towards her, how dull was it now? This is the one thing from so long ago that I was able to keep intact to its original state. I can't even say that about my friends... "Come on, didn't you say that you could abandon all of us for a better future? Show me the resolve you showed back then!" I charged forward, our blades dancing from one clash to the next as I tried to get any opening. I attempted to land a punch to her check, as she blocked my attempt and severed the arm itself as I bit on my lip towards a silent scream.

Akame: "...You're not healing..."

(Y/N): "That's what you're concerned about? Come on, I'm more than able to continue on."

Akame: "You're not, you'll die at any moment and you know that."

(Y/N): "So what? I'm your target, remember? I lead a group of assassins and personally have killed many Revolutionary leaders, killed nobles that supported your cause and destroyed villages that backed them. Even if you don't kill me now, do you know how many people would want me dead afterwards as revenge?" She closed her eyes and cringed at the thought, but I was already losing myself to this pain. Everything hurts, it hurts so much more than it needs to. Was it because the arm Harbinger is attached to was the one that was severed or were these already going to be the moments where I take my last breaths. Don't bother thinking, focus ahead. "The very least you could do for me is make my killer be someone I want to see at the end of this." Silence, but her weapon is still drawn and resolute. Good... that's what I want. I ran forward again, ignoring any and all pain as I approached while she just stood there. The moment I was close enough, my other arm was gone. In the next...

Akame: "Rest in pieces!" A blade impaled my chest as I coughed out blood onto the ground. She supported me until I got onto my knees as I just smiled.

(Y/N): "I knew you could do it... Akame..." She carried me, just for a few seconds as I noticed our slightly shifting destination. When she stopped, I noticed the tombstone and the picture besides it and smiled. "Cornelia..."

Akame: "You wanted to meet her again, right?"

(Y/N): "Thank you... Akame..."

Akame: "Thank you... For letting me win."

(Y/N): "What are you talking... about... You won with... your own strength." My eyes felt heavy, my breaths louder than anything and my vision itself blurred. Yet I felt... calm. Oh so calm in this one moment as she patted my head.

Akame: "Take it easy, the battle's over now... Get some rest." I felt the tears fall onto my face as I smiled for her.

(Y/N): "Yeah... you did it..."

Poney: "(Y/N)?! Where are you?! Please, where are you?!" She was so close, I saw her just at the end as she paused in shock at the sight before her. She didn't charge ahead to attack or anything, but she still ran to my side as gravity eventually took hold of my eyes and forced them to close. But before everything faded into the dark abyss... I still wanted her to hear my last words.

(Y/N): "I love... you... both of you... Thank you...for everything..."

No POV

That night, there weren't any enemies after the battle was finished and the outcome decided. Everyone saw the outcome the moment Akame revealed herself as the battle stopped and everyone rushed on ahead to make sure there wasn't any ruse. Night Raid quickly left afterwards, everyone aside from Akame as she stayed for a while longer after burying (Y/N)'s body alongside Poney.

He had one last will after all the fighting and war was over. All of those he worked with in his final years were spared, all able to live their lives at the end... except General Esdeath. Of course, some had crimes that they needed to be punished for like Seryu but were still allowed to live and eventually return years later. But still, there were two people who could finally make amends with one another.

Poney: "You ready to go?" Poney kept stretching herself out on the dock before they were leaving to go to unknown lands, maybe the last time they would be able to see their home. But for now... she had a friend from long ago with her.

Akame: "Yeah, let's go."

Poney: "Let's get this over with quickly so we can see everyone else again!" They were happy to be together again, as friends rather than enemies. Not that he would know until years later. Not that he would want to know...

Cornelia: "You missed me that much, huh?" He still had tears in his eyes, unsure of how long he was actually crying for from the moment he was able to see her again. There was no one who could blame him for his moment of weakness however, he had been wishing for this very moment for so many years now... "It's okay..." Some light laughter caught both of their attention, Esdeath smiling as she approached the two.

Esdeath: "I never thought I'd see you like this, seems you do have some emotions after all."

(Y/N): "Captain-"

Esdeath: "Come on, I'm sure a lot of others have waited too long for you to be staying out here." She drags him along into a field, many of the people who they have long since bid farewell. Esdeath departed first, greeting many soldiers who she had known and lost during many battles while (Y/N) stood still for a moment.

Cornelia: "Let's go, I'm sure there's a lot of people who have missed you." Cornelia tried to pull him but he refused for a moment, pulling her into an embrace as they just stood still.

(Y/N): "Please... just let me be with only you for a while longer." She smiled, but silently answered by staying still and enjoying the warmth of the moment. For even a moment like this... it was worth the world to him.