Chapter 11: Bountiful Harvest

(Y/N) POV

Going straight to the base without any talk of strategy whatsoever, what could ever go wrong? In all seriousness, we probably didn't need to think too much about strategy unless all of us didn't know how to use our own Teigus and we had seven of us going in. Honestly, we probably only needed a third of this group to actually take this area out but this is just a test of our skills I'm sure.

Run: "We memorized the lay of the land and the enemy's locations, but what is our strategy?"

Seryu: "Justice must fight fair and squad, so we'll attack head on!"

(Y/N): "Yup, certainly the best strategy when we have two assassins on the team. I see no faults in this logic."

Bols: "A more straightforward approach couldn't hurt sometimes, right?" I just shrugged, this is somehow giving me some sort of sense of deja vu. Whatever, we have people we need to kill. Let's get this over with. The trek up the stairs ended with alarms being rung and bandits with all sorts of weapons having their weapons aimed at us.

Bandit: "You've got a lot of nerve using the front door!"

Bandit: "You really think you'll live to tell anyone about this?!"

Bandit: "Oooooh! There are some cuties among them. Let's bring them back home and have some fun with them." I cracked my knuckles and neck, seeing Seryu move on first while I stayed back... for now. I'll make them regret those foul words and thoughts in a moment.

Seryu: "With the power of the Doctor's Teigu, I will clear the path first. Coro, Number 5." Coro quickly grows in size and bites off one of Seryu's arms, something everyone other than me, Kurome and Stylish are surprised to see. "In exchange for both of my arms, I got a new power from the Doctor. Justice: King of Hell's Spear!" That's a drill, no matter how you look at it that's a god damned drill not a spear. Well, it's not like it wouldn't pierce through the enemy regardless of what weapon it was. That thing's destructive power is on par with most Teigu.

Bandit: "Alert the boss and close the gates, she's bad news!"

Seryu: "Next, Number 7! Justice: Towering Mountain Cannon!" The closed gates immediately burst open, killing more bandits with the debris thrown around as both me and Kurome charged in during the mayhem.

(Y/N): "Cover me."

Kurome: "Got it." We got surrounded quickly, but we specifically cut through them to get in this position in the first place. They were terrified already, good. That only makes this so much easier. "How many are you taking?"

(Y/N): "Does it matter, this harvest is for the wicked. None are allowed to escape anyway."

Bandit: "Be careful, that girl may look cute but she's got an arm!"

Bandit: "That boy's also scary as hell!"

(Y/N): "Just stop talking already." In a few moments, all of them were dispatched as I got ready to turn around towards the coward who was hiding. Instead, I see Wave jump in with a dive kick and land right next to the two of us.

Wave: "No need to thank me. We're teammates, remember?"

Kurome: "Uh, we already knew he was there."

Wave: "Seriously?! Come on."

(Y/N): "Make sure to fill your quota, I doubt that you'd want to face whatever punishment the General has for us if we don't fill it." His eyes dart in panic, looking for where he can go to finish this job as I shake my head. "Find any good puppets?" Kurome just shakes her head, she's still missing one to fill out all of Yatsufusa's puppets and no one here really seems like a good candidate either. I really shouldn't be asking for more difficult missions but this is a special case I suppose. What a pain...

Wave: "Done!"

(Y/N): "You're... overly proud of that. We should get out of here and have Bols burn this place down."

Seryu: "Justice has been delivered!" Seryu stands boastfully as we all walk out again, Rubicante's flames burning down the entire base as we all walk away to reconvene with our leader. First mission, no casualties... Hopefully that record doesn't change too soon. "Hey, give him back!" Seryu was chasing Kurome around, the latter of the two having Coro in her hands. She's been playing with him a lot... I wonder if I should get her a pet at some point. Maybe after everything's settled... that'd be nice.

Esdeath: "(Y/N)."

(Y/N): "Yes, General?" Wait, why does she have a notebook? "Uh..."

Esdeath: "I want some advice to win Tatsumi's heart." Oh... I tried to eye over to Bols as she shook her head in response, showing me the notes quickly as I skimmed through them. They're... what Bols said to her already. Well, I guess I have to do this now.

(Y/N): "Don't force it, no matter how much you love him, if he doesn't love you back the relationship's going to be horrible. As Bols seems to have already said, it takes time. Just start out with something simpler, and slowly win him over that way."

Esdeath: "I see..." She's... this is the Empire's strongest huh? A lovestruck buffoon or the scariest sadist depending on who you are to her. Yup... this team will be interesting. At least there won't be a dull moment while we're with them. "Is there more you can say?"

(Y/N): "I... It might be better if I just write it down myself..." Yup... not a dull moment...