Chapter 3: Leading Wolves

(Y/N) POV

Tests, tests and more tests. They already got a multitude of reports for what happened in the mission with nearly everyone detailing the rampage I went on. Still, that was apparently enough to get me out of constant watch in the med bay. That gave me the time to actually process Natala's death... knowing it was at least partially my fault while I could've stayed closer to him as some sort of protection...

Too many cracks were in the walls from how many of them I punched in frustration. I'm still not strong enough... I know people would question what Kurome did, I'm pretty sure some part of me also questions it as well but some twisted part of me is glad that I can still see him for a little bit longer. We couldn't do that for... would I feel the same way if I could see someone like Cornelia again? Damn it...

(Y/N): "I miss all of you..." And I'll make sure she'll join you. That's the least I can do for her after everything.

Doctor: "(Y/N)." Well, I guess it's back with them again huh?

(Y/N): "Need me for something, sir?"

Doctor: "We're done going through your tests. Sadly, it should be obvious that there's no way to remove Murasame's curse from you but we can at least subside the pain you feel with this." Pills, I knew exactly what this would entail as well but took them anyway. I've already made my choice to stay here, and I could care less if I started dying faster if this curse would eventually kill me anyway. "And there's also something we specifically wish to do for you."

(Y/N): "What?"

Doctor: "We have a new squad that we wish for you to lead. Of course, they won't be exactly as skill as the Elite Seven but-"

(Y/N): "If you want me to lead, I'll lead. As long as both Kurome and Poney are there." ...It feels different not requesting Natala to be on the team as well but... there's not exactly much I can do about that now.

Doctor: "Of course, we already had them both on the team. They're waiting to meet you, and for you all to go on your first mission." The courtyard was where he was bringing me to, 2 familiar faces who waved to me and a few more enigmas to me being there as well. A red haired girl who seemed to keep a permanent smile on her face, but I could already tell that it didn't reach anywhere near her eyes. And then the two boys... one of them had an eye missing and a scar that looked like scratch marks across his chest, his silver hair being put into a ponytail. The other still looked as rugged, but with less visible damage to their body and seemed ready for a fight at any moment.

Poney: "I knew it couldn't be anyone other than you, (Y/N)!" I sighed, smiling at Poney's words but got a more serious look on my face.

(Y/N): "The least we can do is give each other our names, we can elaborate more about ourselves after the mission's done. Everyone already knows the risks, right?"

???: "We aren't rookies, you know."

(Y/N): "Yeah, but you're certainly doing something wrong if you lost your eye like that." Chuckles could be heard from the girl as she soon calms herself.

Charlotte: "Name's Charlotte, hope you're as good as everyone's been saying leader."

Violet: "The guy with a missing eye is Cidd, I'm Violet."

(Y/N): "Good, what's the mission?"

Doctor: "Kill everyone in Tensui. They've been trading with a few tribes who send their profits to the Rebel army. If you can find the Tribe too, that's a bonus." Just the 6 of us to destroy an entire village? Either this is going to be on the easier side of missions because those other 3 are good or they're severely underestimating how much resistance there will be. Whatever, I'll be able to gage everyone's skills here anyway.

(Y/N): "None of you better fall behind."

Poney: "You're really going to start with that?"

Kurome: "You better not either, (Y/N)."

Cidd: "I'll be the one to take you out if you can't do anything."

Violet: "There is a reason he's the leader you know..."

Charlotte: "Relax, this'll be a cinch." I laughed a little, staring to the skies for our ride arriving as I stared with a grim smile.

(Y/N): "Let the hunt begin."