Chapter 19: Resolute Will

(Y/N) POV

The rain was pouring harder and harder as I carried Kurome and the body of the Night Raid member who killed Bols back to town. The former had bandages on her thankfully, most of my supplies were burned up with the explosion of Rubicante's self destruction. How far away were we from everyone? I didn't know, I already felt like collapsing from exhaustion. I needed more blood now... but Kurome's too weak at the moment for me to take any from her unless I wanted to risk her health more.

Charlotte: "Boss! Kurome!" Oh, that sounds like a familiar voice... but I have to wonder where the others were if it was just her.

(Y/N): "Where's... the others?"

Charlotte: "They'll come by soon, Wave said you guys were ambushed when he got flung near town."

(Y/N): "Oh... he's alive? That's... good..." Damn it, just stay awake for even a bit longer, at least until Poney gets here.

Charlotte: "What happened to you, you're never this exhausted even after difficult missions."

(Y/N): "Bols... self destructed Rubicante... I got caught... in the middle of the blast... I think you can piece... the rest..." My head was in so much pain, I know right now I'm going to lose control in a few moments, but the steps onto the puddles of water near us always made me look. Civilians passing by noticing the commotion but doing nothing, that was normal but... how many passed by by now without any being able to help?

Violet/Cidd: "Chief!"

Poney: "(Y/N)!" Ah, there they were. This... will go fine... then...

Wave POV

Wave: "(Y/N), Kurome!" (Y/N) just collapsed onto the ground, Kurome still on his back as she started moving slightly while the rest of their team gathered around. "What happened?! Where's Bols?!"

Kurome: "H-He's... dead... (Y/N) took care... of his killer..." She drifted back into unconsciousness as the rest of them started to carry them back to where we were staying.

Wave: "Damn it! If only I'd gotten here sooner! Now Bols is dead, leaving both his wife and child behind... How am I supposed to tell them...?!"

Run: "You only got blown away because you were trying to protect (Y/N), right? No one will blame you for what happened, I understand how you feel, but you need to calm down!"

Wave: "You understand?! Don't say it like it's so easy to-"

Run: "No. I don't think it's easy to understand at all. I know exactly what you're going through, Wave... With all my heart." ...Run? What does... he even mean by that? He's usually serious, but now it seems he's even more so. How exactly does he know? "In any case, we should get them inside. From there, we'll discuss what to do next."

Cidd: "Do we even have anyone who can do first aid for them?"

Esdeath: "I'll find a doctor to handle it. (Y/N) should wake up first, so I'll get the details from him. Everyone else, rest up." The Captain shows up, carrying both of them as I see Poney quickly tail her. It took a while before we could see either of them again, and even longer for the Captain to show up again with a severed arm. "How's Kurome?"

Run: "Asleep."

Wave: "The doctor said that she's survived the worst of it."

Esdeath: "And (Y/N)?"

Run: "Also asleep, Poney got him enough blood and he's going to need to rest up for a bit."

Esdeath: "I see... that's good. I performed an autopsy on the body of the assassin we took down, but I couldn't find any leads. One look at that physique of hers tells us she was a pro but that's it. All we know is what (Y/N) told us, which was the fact that she was a former Oarburgh member which explains how much of a pro she was."