Chapter 23: Blind Justice

(Y/N) POV

Two weeks, two weeks of a stalemated silence after losing Mez, Shuten and Ibara. Me and the rest of the Jaegers have been on high alert ever since then, but there hasn't been anything from either the main Revolutionary Army or Night Raid. Violet, Charlotte, Cidd and Poney were all on complete guard duty and I got... a lot of information about Bolic that I'd never want to hear. Thankfully, I had to hindsight to not let the two girls close to that bastard but I doubt the two guys enjoyed all of his extra talk before his 'purification rituals'...

Seryu: "Kurome, watch out!" I looked to my side, a ball Kurome could easily dodge if she was in any better condition flying towards her. I jumped in front instead, bouncing it on my head effortlessly as I saw Wave look relieved.

Wave: "Do you need to always show off?"

(Y/N): "How is this showing off, this is simple." I bounced it higher one more time before kicking the ball to Seryu and she deflects it for the kids to catch. "She seems a lot better now."

Suzuka: "I must say, it's quite the heartwarming scene."

Wave: "So, are you on our team now?" He was completely dismissive of Seryu, something that I already expected a while ago. I'm pretty sure the only one looking out for her right now, other than myself, is the Captain. But Suzuka seemed to ponder the question for a moment regardless of circumstances.

Suzuka: "I guess you could say... I'm helping out? Because this is my chance to have General Esdeath order me around." I could hear the panting, Wave seemingly freaked out about it as I just sighed.

(Y/N): "You could do to be... even the slightest bit less masochistic Suzuka."

Suzuka: "Is there a problem as long as it doesn't get in the way of my work?" Well... there's nothing I can say about that. I just sighed, taking a seat and relaxing. The Captain has been giving us time off in pairs now so that we aren't alone if we ever get ambushed. Of course, that meant that right now I was Seryu's partner. "Hey, the rest of your team doesn't have any Teigu right?"

(Y/N): "The other four? No, didn't stop them from trying or getting results though."

Suzuka: "Some of the Teigu we have to the Minister still don't have any users yet, and seem just about perfect for them. I'll try to send a message as a request."

(Y/N): "...Thanks. Guess that's another gift I need to repay you guys for someday." Harbinger... they were the ones that gave this to me all that time ago. It was what gave me an edge against Merraid Oarburgh... and what's keeping me alive now.

Suzuka: "Your strength is more than enough. But if you want to repay me in particular-"

(Y/N): "I'm not here to help with your fetishes..."

Suzuka: "Too bad then."

Seryu: "(Y/N)!" I looked back up, deflecting the ball away from me towards the group with a sigh.

(Y/N): "If this is going to keep happening, I might as well join at this rate right?" I see Seryu's smile brighten more as I rolled my eyes. But a peaceful time like this... what's not to smile about? We kept playing until sunset, running around until the kids exhausted themselves and we got ready to call it for the day. Instead though...

Suzuka: "Hey! I need the two of you for a sec! They're far from here, but I think I've spotted some rebels!"

Seryu: "Do you have all your weapons?"

(Y/N): "Always keep them on me. Can't be too sure in these times. Lead the way!" By the time we reached the location, the sun had set and the moon sheltered us in darkness. Seryu was looking through a scope, but from the expression on her face I already knew the answer. "Night Raid?"

Seryu: "Yeah... and that boy with her is Tatsumi..."

(Y/N): "Well, that certainly confirms my suspicion of him since the Captain brought him with us before."

Suzuka: "Oh? Looks like we got a bingo then. But was it really all right for us to leave our post? You think we'll get punished for it?"

(Y/N): "We have permission to adapt and act as the situation demands."

Suzuka: "I... see."

Seryu: "To think that he would be tainted by evil... Coro, #9!" Even Suzuka reacts to Coro biting Seryu's arm off with a scared gaze but I see the scanner appear on Seryu's arm. Only 5 dots, everyone accounted for. "Besides us and them there's nobody else around here. So there's no danger of being ambushed which means... Suzuka, go report this to Captain Esdeath quickly!"

Suzuka: "On it!" That smile... that's a crazed gaze I haven't seen at all in my time working with her.

Seryu: "At last, we meet again, Night Raid! Coro and I will detain this evil and if I get carried away and kill them with sheer force, I'll just apologize to the Captain!"

(Y/N): "Don't get cocky, and you also know that there's no need to go overboard. We can kill Mine without harming Tatsumi with your #7 right?"

Seryu: "He's already gone to the dark side, and that evil comrade of his robbed me of both my arms. They need to repent for their sins in flames!"

(Y/N): "...Whatever. I can already tell I'm not going to stop you and I'd rather have no infighting right now." More, more weapons than necessary that's for sure. A hell of a lot of missiles along with the tower cannon. But honestly, this isn't what I expected. "Didn't you say on our first mission Justice must fight fair and square? Where did that go now?" That dark glare showed how little she actually cared right now. Instead she aimed and immediately I heard all of the explosions and gunfire. Beeps from the radar showing they were still alive notified us as Seryu continued shooting. In the distance, I saw Incursio's armor carrying Mine. So it was him... even all the way back then. Wave isn't incompetent, there's no way a non Teigu user could get away from him.

Seryu: "On your own, you can't beat us!" Seryu pulls out another missile and launches it towards Mine as it gets shot down in an instant by Pumpkin. "That was my hardiest weapon and she took it out in one shot?!"

(Y/N): "I'm going after Tatsumi, you better not screw this up before I get back. If I'm here, it'd only increase Pumpkin's power more."

Seryu: "I'll be done here before you can even get back."

(Y/N): "...You better..." ...And you better not be dead when you mean that you'll be done here.