Reunion: Old Family, New Love

Well, it's July 10th at least in my time so... votes are closed and endings are to be written. Here's the votes!

Votes

Execution: 5
Repentance: 2
Reunion: 14

Well, if I gotta be honest that wasn't what I was expecting even if all of the choices were vague. But I enjoyed all of this, and I thank everyone that voted. Hope you enjoy the first ending of this story with the other two to come soon. Adieu.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see... this is your choice dear observer... Very well, but I'll give you this warning. What you expected from this... may not be exactly to your liking.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) POV

I was tired... Tired of everything up to this point. Tired of doing everything I could to keep the others alive. Tired of fighting. Tired of doing everything I could to live. All I wanted to do was to finally rest, finally get a chance to meet them again. I could've just laid down and died, maybe some other time I would be willing to do that. But I wanted this fight, maybe even selfishly so. Neither of us gain anything from this... we just lose someone that at the end of it all we cared about.

(Y/N): "Think you can keep up now?" Our weapons met at every step in this deathly dance, the sound of clashing steel echoing in our ears towards the night sky and the empty village below. I dashed back, grabbing onto my sheath before rushing forward again, using both sword and sheath like blades that she attempted to block. Of course, she focused on my sword more, but the force from the sheath was enough to cause her to stumble a little before she finally got an attack in. It was little cuts as we continued to exchange strike for strike as we continued to get ever closer to our limits. We pushed each other back, blood dripping down everywhere on our bodies and our weapons with me being the only one to cough out my own blood.

Akame: "(Y/N), this battle is over. Drop your sword. You can't even heal anymore." I ignored the pain, getting my balance back as I started to feel like I did at the beginning of this. The ringing in my ears, my breaths seemingly louder than everything else, my own vision blurred. I still saw her outline though, and that was all I needed as I brought my sword to my side.

(Y/N): "You'll die like that, you know. Stop hesitating." Even if it's just for a moment, I felt some sort of clarity as the world around us stood still. "Didn't you already flip your switch, you shouldn't be hesitating right now." Was she hesitating so much because of me? That can't be the case, she should've been resolved to this by now. She should've been ready to sever all of her connections she had with us by now. "If you won't act, then I will." She got ready the moment I did as well, both of us charging straight towards each other with our weapons aimed at each other's chests. Each other's hearts.

Akame: "I'm sorry." There was no time to hold back, both of us cut through the other's body as we tumbled onto the ground, right next to each other. She... didn't...

(Y/N): "Why didn't... you could've avoided that..." The two of us stared skyward, the stars being the only light within the darkness of this night. This... this wasn't-

Akame: "Do you... think we could restart?" Of all the... That can't be the reason why. Tell me you're joking, tell me you didn't let yourself die for this... You... wouldn't have done this for anyone else... would you?

(Y/N): "Akame you..." She grabbed onto my hand, the only thing filling our ears were each other's breaths as we were quickly approaching our ends. I turned to look at her, seeing that she was already looking at me with a smile. "You idiot..." I moved my hand away from hers, trying to pull her face as close to mine as I could before I kissed her. It was short, but I couldn't help but smile back. "...I hope we can..."