Chapter 24

Becca’s POV:

I can’t tell you enough how much I hate surprises. Now, here I was watching as Louis grabbed the duffle bag from the floor in his room and slung them over his shoulder. He was in a hurry to leave,  but had atleast given me enough time to change into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. 

He reached out for my hand. “Come on, love.”

I pulled my hand away from him, a smile forming on the corner of my lips. “Not until you tell me where we’re going.”

He shook his head with a chuckle, then grabbed my hand and pulled me along. “You’ll find out when we get there.”

“Can you atleast tell me who packed for me and what they packed?”

“It’s just for the night,” he replied as we made it out the room and headed down the hallway.  “So just a change of clothes.”

“Pajamas?”

“Probably not,” he looked at me with a sly grin after he pressed the button for the elevator.

“Nice,” I nodded with a sarcastic smile.  “No pajamas, cause I’m probably not going to need them, right?”

He stepped into the elevator and dropped the bag to the floor, then pulled me against his chest.  “You’re getting the D, remember?”

“Ehhhh,” I made a face and played with the button on his shirt.  “What if I don’t want it?”

He chuckled, then faked a pout.  “Well then, I guess we’ll just cuddle.”

“What if I don’t want to?”

“Are you trying to make me cry?”

I giggled and kissed his lips, his arms looped around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I broke the kiss and pressed my nose against his.  “Congratulations, by the way.”

“Thank you,” he grinned and pecked another kiss on my lips.  The elevator doors opened and we stepped out, he took my hand and led me in the opposite direction of where we usually exited.

“Lou, we’re going the wrong-“

“No, we’re taking the back exit,” he winked. “That’s where the car is.”

“What car?” I asked as we made it to the employee entrance of the hotel.

“You’re just full of questions tonight, huh, love?” I felt his fingers give mine a gentle squeeze.

“I’m allowed to be! You could be taking me to the woods to kill me!”

He laughed as a man jumped out of a black suv and opened the door for us.  Louis threw the bag in the backseat, then turned back to me.  “Ladies first.”

I climbed inside and snapped my seatbelt as he climbed in beside me, his arm rest across the back of the seat and around my shoulders. “Excited?” he asked, just before he pecked a kiss on my lips.

“Excited for what?” I raised an eyebrow as the car started down the road.  “Tell me where we’re going!” I said, which sounded like I was whining.

“No,” he touched my cheek and pecked a kiss on my lips. “It’s a surprise.”

“This better be good,” I crossed my legs and leaned against his chest. “I could already be soaking in a hot bath at the hotel.”

“Trust me,” he pecked a kiss on my forehead.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was close to an hour long car ride, after we exited off the freeway it was hard to tell where we were in the dark.  Louis had been asleep for the past twenty minutes, his head rested against my shoulder.  I felt somewhat guilty knowing that he had went to so much trouble when he was so exhausted, I wished we would have just stayed at the hotel and went to bed.