Chapter 41

Harry's POV:

 Me, Niall, and Liam hadn't made it back to the penthouse until after 4am.  The two of them had gotten hammered, which left me having to drag them both home and dump them into their beds.  

It was almost noon when I finally stumbled my way out to the living room. Liam was sitting on the couch, clutching a bottle of water in one hand and a pack of saltines in the other.   Niall was laying across the other couch, dressed in baggy sweats and a green hoodie pulled over his head. 

"Morning sunshine," I said loudly as I smirked. "How's the hangovers, boys?"

"Shutup," Liam winced. 

Niall didn't say anything, just simply held his hand up, flashing me his middle finger. 

"Oh, lovely," I chuckled and sat down next to Liam.  "How you feelin, mate?"

"Alright," he shrugged.  "Well..in spite of the hangover anyway."

The whole reason we had gone out drinking to begin with was because Liam and Danielle had finally split up for good.  Liam had appeared upset the day before and after much inquiry finally spilt the beans.  He said it was a mutual decision, both agreeing they would be better off as friends. 

As hard as he had tried to seem cheerful, he still looked sad...so, naturally Niall suggested shots of tequila.  I was actually surprised that Liam had agreed, but it was fun. 

I pulled my phone back out from the pocket of my shorts, finding a text from Louis. 

Mum says hi and she loves you.  I'm taking Lottie to lunch, then headed back this evening.  

Just as I was texting him back, the front door opened.  I looked up to find Zayn and Becca step inside.  Zayn tossed their bags to the ground, as they both took off their jackets. 

"Hey," Liam looked over at them. "Where you guys been?"

"Out," Zayn replied. 

Becca turned to us with a large smile. "What have my favorite boys been up to?" 

"Nothing really," I shrugged. "These two are hungover," I pointed at Niall and Liam. 

"Uh oh," she crinkled her nose and sat on arm of the couch.  She reached her hand out to pet Niall's blonde locks.  Her let out a groan and sat up, stretching his arms over his head. 

Liam looked at her and raised an eyebrow.  "Sorry to point this out...but, you seem...different."

"Different?" she grinned.  "How so?"

Liam looked at me, looking skeptical.  "Is it me or does she look...happy again?"

"You do look happy," I nodded. 

"Well," she looked at Zayn and smiled.  "We went to Florida."

"Florida?" Niall asked, his voice deep and raspy from the sleep he was disturbed from.  "What the hell? Why?"

"Well," she looked at me and smiled.  "For a few things.  First off...I'm officially divorced. Eric is in jail for a very long time, so the prosecutors rendered the divorce, even though he still refused to sign the paperwork."

"Awesome!" Liam cheered. "That's great, babe!"

"I put the house we shared up for sale."

"Really?" Niall raised an eyebrow. "You can do that?"

"The court awarded me everything," she nodded. "He won't be needing any of it where he's going, anyway."

"Oh, that's true," Niall yawned. "Didn't think of it that way, I guess."