Chapter 33

Louis' POV:

She was in my arms again. That's all that mattered.  Her arms were looped tightly around my neck, with her face buried in my neck.  I could feel her tears hit my skin.  My hands found her hips and I gently pulled away from her.  "Hey..." I moved my hands to cradle her face, pressing my forehead against hers. "Don't cry."

She sniffled and looked into my eyes. "I'm so sorry..."

"Shhh.." I pecked a kiss against her lips. "Don't be. I read your letter and I talked to Zayn."

She nodded. "I love you so much."

"And I love you," I pulled her against my chest once more and pressed my nose into her hair. "That's why we're gonna figure this out..."

"Louis," she sighed. "We can't. There's nothing to figure out."

"He can't get away with this," I replied. "We can get away from-"

She pulled away from me and turned around, moving to stand infront of the window. "You don't understand. I'm completely stuck."

"Bullshit," I said. "You're not stuck."

"Yes, I am, Louis!" she cried out. "I'm such an idiot that I married that piece of shit and now I'm stuck with him for the rest of my life!"

I shook my head, not sure of what to say, I'd never witnessed her so upset about anything. I wasn't sure how to handle it. "Becca..."

"He's taken everything that I've ever loved away from me, Louis," she cried. "My mom....now you!"

"He hasn't taken me from you, because it's fucking impossible," I took a few steps and reached for her hand.

She looked at me again, her face scrunching up as she began to cry.  "He fucking killed my mom."

"Shhh..." I pulled her against my chest, holding the back of her head with my hand.  "I know, baby...I know."

I went to the floor with her as she crumbled to her knees, sobbing.  As I held her, stroking my hand across her back, I realized that she hadn't been allowed the time to fully grieve for her mother.  Atleast, not with the knowledge she had now of what had really happened.

Over a half an hour had passed before she had finally ran out of tears. She relaxed in my arms, resting her head on my shoulder.

"I love you.." I whispered.  "I'm not going anywhere."

"Louis..." she groaned and lifted her head to look at me, sniffling. "You have to."

"I'm not leaving you," I reached out to brush the hair from her face and gasped. "Becca...what the-"

She sighed. "It's nothing."

"It isn't 'nothing'!" I said, running my finger over the purple bite mark that was on her neck.  My eyes widened, feeling fear of the worst coming over me. "Did he-"

"No," she shook her head. "He's tried.  Absolutely not. Ew. No."

"Why would he bite you like this?"

She sighed and looked down.  "He said that he wanted to make sure you knew that I belonged to him again."

My jaw clenched.  "Belong to him?" I raised an eyebrow.  "Is that what he thinks you are to me? Just a piece of fucking property?"

"I don't know," she bit her lip. "He's just...he's an idiot.  Anything he can do to hurt me or you..he's willing to do."

"Well good luck with that," I growled. "He won't be hurting you anymore, that's for sure."