Chapter 1

Author's Note:  Thanks soooo much to imma1dmomma for my cover!! It's amazing and I looovee it!

 The hot water felt so good on my skin as I sunk into the jacuzzi tub.  I had almost forgotten what it was like to relax, this was exactly what I needed.  I held my wine glass in one hand and a cigarette in the other.  A smile curled onto my lips...if mom knew I was smoking, she'd kill me.  Add smoking in her house to the list...she'd probably be rolling in her grave.

The last month and a half of my life had been a complete whirlwind filled with funeral arrangements and lots of packing.  My mother had died in a car accident, leaving me to deal with everything that she had left behind.

It took this long, but I had finally finished packing everything up in the house.  My day had been spent overseeing the movers loading everything into the big white truck outside and moving it to storage.

 Honestly, I had just thrown everything into boxes and didn't even bother to go through most of it.  Mom had saved up far too much shit in her life, most of which would be of no interest to anyone.

Now, all I wanted to do for the rest of the day was relax, because the next morning I'd be on a flight to London to start my new job, working for Simon Cowell. 

Before mom died, she had been talking to Johnny Wright again, her old boss from WEG Entertainment.  He had been approached by Simon Cowell, who was looking for a manager for a new boyband he had put together. 

I had grown up in the music business, touring all around the world with mom and the boyband that she managed for over 8 years, NSYNC.  

When Simon heard of my mom's death, he immediately offered up his condolences and sent loads of flowers.  Apparently, mom and Simon had gotten close over the past few months, while they were discussing a contract for her to manage his new act. 

A week after my mother's funeral, Simon called me directly.  Apparently, he had heard through Johnny that I had spent so much time with mom while she managed NSYNC and he asked for me to be her replacement.  It took a couple weeks of negotiations, but I finally agreed.  

Maybe it would be just the boost I needed, I needed to get the hell out of Orlando anyway.

~*~*~*~*~

After a 10 hour flight, I had enough time to grab a quick bite to eat before rushing over to Syco, the company owned and operated by Simon Cowell.

I made my way up to the 5th floor of the building,  stepped off the elevator, and stood infront of the young brunette that sat behind the desk. 

"Hi, can I help you?" she smiled, her british accent making her more adorable than she already was.

I adjusted my bag on my shoulder and tucked a strand of hair that had fallen from my loose braid behind my ear.  "I'm Rebecca Halloway, I'm here to see Mr. Cowell,"

"I'm sorry," she made a face. "Can I see some id?"

"Sure," I reached into my bag and retrieved my wallet, then showed her my driver's license.

"Oh, nice to meet you, I'm Amy," she smiled, then picked up the phone.  "Mr. Cowell, Mrs. Halloway is here,"

"That's Ms. Halloway," I corrected her in the nicest way I knew how. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry," she replied as she stood up, "Follow me, love,"

She lead me down a small hallway, then gently tapped on the door.

"Come in," Simon called and Amy opened the door.   "Thank you, Amy.  Hold my calls until we're done, please?"

"Yes, sir," she smiled.