Chapter Nine

*Harry's POV*

I sat on my bed, pencil and notebook in hand, as I wrote a poem and listened to Zayn babble on about his fiancé with a cigarette between his lips and a sketchpad on his lap. They were planning on getting married after they both finished college.

'It takes time to break' , I wrote.

"I've known her since I was sixteen. She's the light of my life," he said, and pulled the cancer stick from between his lips. He blew his smoke out towards me and I let out a light cough, which he ignored as he placed it back between his lips.

'But, it takes time to heal, too' .

"How did you guys meet?" I asked. It's not that I cared because honestly I don't, it's just that his constant talking gave me ideas for my poem. All freshman were sent an email saying to write a poem. At the end of January, we will all be reciting them to the class.

"We went to school together. She moved here two months before we started talking and had English together. She'd always help me with my mess-ups on essays and such. I'm much better now at writing obviously. I'm in college to get my teaching degree," he said. I find it funny how someone can effect a skill in such a way that it becomes your life.

'Maybe you're a mistake' .

"What about you, mate? How's your love life?" He laughed and flicked his ashes onto the tray beside him.

"It's fine, I guess. I haven't really fully committed myself to anyone in a while," I said and shrugged my shoulders. He only nodded, probably thinking it was best not to budge me, or just for the simple fact that he didn't care.

"So, what are you doing tonight?" He asked, sketching his pencil across his paper and looking up at me periodically.

"Nothing, honestly. I have class in about an hour, and after that I planned on coming back and studying," It's not that I'm a boring person, because I'm really not. I have just always taken school seriously.

"You should join Perrie and I at the bar in town tonight. I'd love for you to meet her," he offered. I smiled and thought. Maybe getting out would be good for me. I stood from my bed, tucking my in-progress poem away, and pulled my shirt off.

"I tell you what. I'll go with you tonight. But, I should really get ready for class. Text me later, okay?" I said, kicking my pants off. He only nodded and I walked to the bathroom. After turning the shower on and taking my boxers off, I stepped into the warm shower and allowed the hot water to run through my hair and over my shoulders. I washed my hair and soon reached for the soap and lathered some into my hand. I ran my hands over my stomach, up to my chest, and finally washed around my neck until I winced. I frowned my eyebrows in confusion. I finished washing myself and rinsed off before stepping out of the shower and wrapping a towel around my waist. I wiped fog from the mirror and looked at my neck, a big purple blotch sitting on it noticeably. Maybe that's why Zayn didn't ask anything about my love life. He probably saw the mark and thought I didn't want to talk about it. Only a turtle neck could hide this. It's a good thing it's cold out.

_____________

I walked into daddy, I mean, Mr. Tomlinson's classroom with my backpack of binders and a laptop slung over my shoulder. "Nice turtle neck, Styles," he snickered at me from his desk and I bit my lip.

"I'm only wearing it because of what you did," I bit back playfully.

"And what exactly did I do, baby boy?" He whispered. I looked around the room at the other students to make sure they weren't watching, and turned back to Louis. I pulled my collar down to reveal a dark, purple love bite. "I marked you because you belong to me," he said. I was about to reply, but he stopped me. "Go have a seat. I'm about to start class," and with that, he continued gathering things together and I sat in the same seat as last time.

"I hope you all enjoyed your little break off due to the snow," he said, smiling. "But because of the snow, we have some catching up to do and we need to get it done fast." The class consisted of him teaching us about the basic tools nurses use. That's what this class was for. All of us wanted to be nurses. After he finished his lecture, the class scrambled out. I took my time gathering my things and walked over to Louis' desk.

"Hey," I breathed and his head didn't move from his laptop.

"Are you doing anything tonight?" He asked, tapping his fingers along the keys.

"Yeah, I'm going out with my roommate," I told him. That's when his head  jolted up and he looked at me as if I've committed a crime.

"Going out?" He asked, squinting his eyes and he waited for me to answer.

"Yeah. He wants me to meet his fiancé," I told him and the jealously that I felt coming from him dispersed into the atmosphere.

"Oh, I suppose I'll see you next class then," he said. I nodded, pulled my bag over my shoulder, and headed back to my dorm to get changed.

'Or maybe I've made the mistake myself.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it took me so long to update. I've kinda had writers block and I've been dealing with a lot of things.

QOTD: Have you heard about Leelah Alcorn? What do you think about the whole situation?

My Answer: I think it's ridiculous that after a suicide note and the suicide itself that her parents are still unable to accept the fact that their child who may have been born a boy, was transgender. Not only does the world need to open their eyes, but so do the parents of this broken adolescent.

Don't forget to vote and comment for the next chapter. 5 will always be the magic number

VOTE

COMMENT

MESSAGE ME

THANK YOU

-Banana

Nineteen (A Larry Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें