Chapter Twenty-Eight

*Darla's POV*

I sat in the cafeteria, two hot coffees in front of me as I waited for Harry. It was five minutes after ordering and getting the coffees that I saw his long curls bouncing through the door. We sat where we usually did, near the window looking out upon the college schoolyard. Harry sat across from me, where I scooted his coffee to him and smiled.

"How are you?" He asked, nodding his head down towards my wrists.

"I'm very well, actually."

"What did you want to talk about?" I watched him bring his coffee to his pink, heart shaped lips.

"I finally get to visit my sister in a few days. I've got both work and school off. I can't wait," I said, doing a small happy dance in my seat.

"That's great! Tell me how things go!"

"I will," I chuckle softly, "She's told me that dad has nearly stopped drinking and that he hasn't touched her in any way."

"That's a big step. See, things can get better. You just have to have hope."

"I love your optimism. I'm such a pessimist."

"These past few talks, you've changed. For a pessimist, you're pretty optimistic," he sipped his coffee before continuing, "I would love to meet your sister. She sounds like an incredibly strong girl. I admire you both."

After that, neither of us had much to say, so we sat in a comfortable silence and finished our coffees.

"I must get going. I'll see you later," he said, standing from his seat. He waved me off and I watched him as he exit the building, walking towards the dorms.

For a pessimist, you're pretty optimistic.

And for your future, dear Harry, you'll be thinking..

For an optimist, you're pretty pessimistic.

Pessimistic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I WROTE THIS AT ONE IN THE MORNINNNNNG!!!

QOTD: Who do you see as Darla?

My answer: I see her as young Demi Lovato.

♥♥♥Don't forget to vote and comment!!! It encourages me to write!!!♥♥♥

VOTE

COMMENT

MESSAGE ME

THANK YOU

-Banana