"Eve, would you love a race? Logan told me you are unbeatable on horseback," Laura said, walking towards us.

I turned to Logan, who didn't spare me a gaze.

"That's Laura's way of challenging, I never said such." He patted his horse, his eyes still not meeting mine.

"C'mon, the fact you got beaten at your own game shouldn't make you sour eldest one." she winked at me.

"He hates losing trust me, it makes him stiff like a block of dry wood," she whispered.

"I heard you Laura, I heard every word you said."

"How..." She trailed off and smiled. "Hope your meeting with mum was a fun one?"

"Yes, it was."

"She is warming up to you then, let me go over and celebrate my victory with Edward," She announced and started towards Logan instead. She gave him a pinch on his hands and moved to join Rose, Eva and Edward.

Logan took off his gloves and walked to where I stood beside Aaron. "Up for a ride?"

I shook my head, rejecting his offer. Riding closer to him, when I just discovered he made me wore heels which were totally unnecessarily for more than a week, might warrant his death.

He looked back at the rest and leaned in. "We need to talk."

"As a matter of fact, we do."

"Up for a ride?" he asked again.

I nodded.

"Let me get you a horse," Aaron said and started towards the mew.

***

Logan

We rode down the field, away from the rest, a stroll was the excuse I gave to the others when asked if it was a race. I needed to get the details of her meeting with mum.

Moving to the shade of an oak tree, I stopped the horse and turned to watch her unmount, but rather, I got the view of a glorious fall.

Oh, unbelievable.

I jumped from my horses and rushed to where she sat on the grass with her face red in pains.

"You need to be careful Annabelle," I muttered, kneeling beside her. I slowly took off her booth and placed it by her side.

"Ah!"

"Does it hurt?"

She nodded with a tear rolling down her cheek.

"Well, now you have to wear flats instead of heels." I stood from beside her and turned to make a call when I felt a pain on my back and heard the thud of her shoe, as it fell on the floor.

"Bloody hell! what is your problem, Annabelle?"

"Why did you get me heels instead of flats, why?!"

"Are we going to argue about that, or will you keep calm and let me help you out?"

"This is also serious, I nearly broke my legs twice because of those heels!"

"Well, they are broken from your inability to carefully unmount a horse on boots, not from heels." I pointed to her legs.

I took out my phone and dialled Aaron, explaining the situation and the need for urgent attention.

I turned to Annabelle who grinned and stretched out her hands.

I exhaled, placing my phone in my pocket. "What?"

"Carry me," she said now smiling

***

"Do you feel pains here?" Doctor Samuel asked, gently feeling her toes.

"Nope."

"What about here," he said, moving his hands down her foot.

"Nope," she responded, Popping her words

"Miss, are you injured?"

She stared at me and smiled. "Nope."

I opened my mouth but short them as I noticed Aaron laughing beside me.

***

"How dare you play such a stunt?"

Ignoring me, she stood and packed her loose black hair with a band. "It was fun trust me, you also played me and by the way, your ex is up to something."

"How?"

"I don't know but my hunch is-"

"You don't even have facts?" I said, cutting her short.

"I knew Eva have things planned up, but you can't just pick point her from hunches and thoughts," I explained.

"My hunches are always right."

"Sure," I moved to the door but came to a halt, remembering the reason for our little stroll. "What happened with mum?" I asked, my back to her.

"She has a picture of I and Joshua, I was summoned for cheating on you."

I smiled. "Never thought she would ever do that."

"It was not funny, I almost peed in my pant."

I turned, envisioning the image of a scared Annabelle. "Would be nice to see you sweaty and not confident for once."

"Sure you would. well, you need a backup plan, because trust me your mum's lady incall is on to us."

I turned to Aaron, who sat on the sofa watching the drama, our eyes meet and he nodded.

***
Authors Note.

Hey guys, another chapter, tell me what you think about it.

Meaning of words.

🏵️🏵️cálmese- calm down🏵️🏵️