[Solas] Two Elves and A Dwarf Walked Into A Bar [Varric]

[Ft. Inquisitor  Levellan]

(hints at NSFW - no explicit direct mentions made.)
_

_______________________

It was noisy and full of life at Herald's Rest, yet three figures sat in silence, faces drained of color and a mixture of wide ranged emotions in their eyes.

The Inquisitor gazed deep into her large mug of ale. The strongest ale Cabot could offer, but she had not touched it.

Varric briefly glanced towards his Inquisitor, "I don't think another drink is a good idea, Handy. I don't blame you for reconsidering..." He said.

Varric cringed and then released a long sigh, "you know, that...just doesn't sound right anymore does it?" He said.

"Techincally, it can be challenged that anything happened at all, in the fade, what is real and what is fiction is easily debatible," said Solas, every so quietly, who had been sitting with his eyes closed.

Varric gave a dry uneasy laugh, "I may not have been in the fade as much as you have, but I sure as hell know my fiction and that shit felt as real as anything....this is why dwarves shouldn't dream." He said.

The Inquisitor groaned "keep it down...if this gets out..." She murmured.

"Agreed not a word..." Solas chimmed in quickly.

Varric looked two his two companions "oh come on, it's cringe and awful and - you gotta let me use some of it for my next book." He said.

Both elves tossed his thin glares.

"And will your part be in it?" Solas askd.

"Pffh...course not. As I've  mentioned before I don't  write about my own mistakes." Said Varric.

The Inquisitor rubbed her temples "you hardly thought it was a mistake last night..." She muttered.

"I-I had so much wine in me it could have filled a bathtub! My actions were suspect at best." Varric stammered.

"Shhhh!" The Inquisitor hissed.

The tree sat in silence for a while more as Marden started on a new set of songs.

Braking the peace tune of music, Varric looked to Solas, "What was that you shouted in elfy, Chuckles?" Varric asked.

"It was....Private." Said Solas.

"We're beyond private don't you think Solas?" Said the Inquisitor.

"I would think so....we saw three full moons in one night" Varric muttered in hushed words.

"Dwarves might not have reach but....least we have enough custions to dig your heels into." Varric went on.

"I am....uncomfortable...."Solas said.

"Excuse me, sitting and walking hurts....and you're uncomfortable?" The Inquisitor asked. "suddenly feel sorry for all the Inquisition barmaids, if this is anything like...." the Inquisitor's words faded away.

"So lesson learned...if the punch line is built-up with, two drunkin elves and a dwarf pass out in the wine celler....you might want to just leave." Varric chuckled.

"You're taking this all too well." Said the Inquisitor.

Varric exhaled and rubbed the back of his neck, "Well, you see. If I don't laugh at this, I may be traumatized for life. Bright side is, felt good at the time right?" He reasoned.

Solas reached out and swiped up the Inquisitor's drink, "a sentiment that has been the down fall of many." Solas uttered before downing the drink.

Solas then stood up, "We put this behind us. Nothing ever happened. Not a word spoken. Agreed?" He said.

"Agreed."

"Thats a deal there Chuckles."

Solas exhaled and went leave "good, now-" Solas said clearing his throat,  "we all have work that must be done." He said.

Sera peered her head over the railing of the second floor of Herald's Rest. "Hey floppy ears, The weird little shite-thing says you -"

Varric looked up quickly, "Kindly, don't shout it to the world!" He called up to her.

The Inquisitor hide her face in her hands and groaned.

Sera chuckled "he doesn't  know what was on in there, so you're lucky." She said.

"How many people has Cole talked to?" The Inquisitor asked.

"I was talking to Casandra when he asked her question. So just us. I mean you're  the one shouting to me about it now." Sera said.

"Solas." The Inquisitor said, Solas sighed.

"I will go track down Cole." Solas said quickly exiting the tavern.

"So, how much is it gonna cost to keep you quiet, Buttercup?" Varric asked watching Sera come down the stairs to join them.

She held a triumphant girl on her face.

"Well-" Sera started but was met by the sharp glare of the Inquisitor.

"Fenedhis lasa, Sera! Stop pushing or I'll consult Vivienne on just how best to ensure you're kept quiet." The Inquisitor barked.

"Alright, yeah? I get it. Jeez, You're suposed to be in a good mood after some fun."Sera said.

"I've got buisness to see to, I'll catch you two later..." Varric said taking his leave ad well.

The Inquisitor waited for the silence to return. Sera looked her over "you look well done in, the healers could probably help with that look on your face." Sera said.

"W-what look?" The Inquisitor asked.

Sera laughed "like you tried to do the splits, before stretching first and pulled something aweful." She said.

The Inquisitor let her forhead fall to the table and grasped her hair in frustration and embarrassment.

"It isn't good if you don't leave walking funny. So our Lady inquisitor likes to have some fun, how horrible. " Sera said.

"Sera?" The Inquisitor asked with a dry tone.

"Yeah?"

"Go away."

Sera laughed, "I don't have to go nowhere I live here remember?"

__________________________
[Author's Note]
This is what happens when I get bored lol - I apologize.