[Cullen] Naps not Maps [Rutherford]

You can here the distant noise of Skyhold far below your quaters, murmuring quietly behind the crackling of the fire.

It was warm laying nestled under the comfortable trappings of your bed, his arms around you, your head on his chest. The calming beat of his heart with the rise and fall of his breathing - your lungs aligning with his as well as your heart. Both falling in synchronization.

He tightens his hold on you, moving close to snuggle it your body heat.

It was the middle of the day, and in a rare moment you and your commander found, no one needed you.

It had been a long trying fight against Corypheus and in your moment  peace the two of you decided to share  it together....in a nap, in your room.

Eyes closed you lay in Cullen embrace, fondly remembering the snack you'd  shared on the floor before the welcoming fire before hand.

As well as many kisses, lulling each other to sleep with blushing heated lips and hot breath.

You could remember the feel of his hands searching your body carefully and it made your heart race.

Cullen chuckles softly "having a nice dream?" He asks in a quiet murmur.

Cullen gives you a squeeze "you're hearts going a mile a minute." He added nuzzling the top of your head.

"Maybe, what's the difference between a dream and a good memory? " you say.

"One is fleeting and one can last forever." Cullen answered, a smirk came to his face and he maneuvered so that he might sit up and look down at your face, "was it a memory?" He asked.

You nod a bit and with a light touch draw shapes on his chest with your finger. It tickles ever so slightly and it causes a short purr like laugh to escape him.

"Of what?" He asked, stroking your head.

"A day of naps and less maps...Of today, moments like these are -"

Cullen smiled, "dreams come true?" He asked in an attempt to finish your thoughts. Again you nod, still slightly sleepy the fact that his words were near whispers adding that.

"Small moments with you like today, they remind me why I need to keep going. I cherish them, thrive on them." He confessed.

"I heard the commander has been caught grinning for no apparent reason numerous times." You tease.

Cullen smiles somewhat bashfully but it soon turns into a impish smile. "Because he has, and it happens all the time. But I've heard from a 'Jenny' that the Inquisitor is suffering from the same phenomenon." He said, his  words slightly smug.

Leaning down, he inches closer, eyes trained on your lips as he draws you it a kiss. It's simple, long and sweet. You can feel your lips tingle and your spine quiver. He straddles you, not daring to break the kiss.

But air is needed and eventual he parts from you, both left breathless. With the back of his hand he strokes your cheek. So much love in his eyes, it makes you heart flip.

"Would you....rather rest, or..." he asked.

You smile "do you really have to ask? Why not both?"  You say.

That impish smile comes back to his face as he leans in again "by your order, Inquisitor." He muses, taking another kiss and letting his hands wander.

The world could wait  for a little while longer, just a little.