[75]: I Found

"We've got it!"

"We've got it!"

After hours of practice, you had already mastered the new ability to efficiently absorb other life forms and transform it into your own matter to disperse.

This was going to be exceedingly helpful, when it came to battle.

It was so exciting.

Factoring in the amount of time you and Katsuki had been out in the sun on this oval, it was no surprise that the taser had died a long time ago.

However, you had also discovered the ability to absorb electricity from the very floor beneath you. You can track it like it's your own limbs, no matter how far under. You can feel where it's strongest, and summon it above ground, call it, link with it, and it will have your back. Almost like a sidekick.

Katsuki noticed that—while you're in your energy form—the scarring on your neck seems to glow, emanating that same energy.

It's was almost as if it was a part of controlling the other forms and having that new grasp came directly from the initial impact, when you summoned the lightening.

But he didn't tell you about that, in case it concerned you.

Now, he was happy just watching you bask in success that you deserved. All the work and persistence you had put into today had all come to a bright climax, when you worked it out.

You were both physically exhausted.

Katsuki fell onto his back on the grass.

The sun had just gotten low enough to disappear behind the thick treeline. The sky was still lit, but the ground, the wind and everything in between, cooled down because the sun wasn't beating down upon it anymore.

You walked over to him.

A content smile on your lips as you bend down and lay beside him.

For a moment, you bask in the silence with him.

You feel the cool breeze, refreshing you from your workout. And the grass—it feels like it's swallowing you as your body sinks into it. Its small green fingers wrapping up your arms.

You don't even think about the ants frolicking in the grass that might nip you.

If they bite, they bite.

There's no stopping it. That's not how inevitability works.

It'll sting for a while, and be over.

You don't care anymore.

You're done worrying over things that you have no control of.

There was a lot you had to let go of in order to discover this new ability of yours. And if you'd found out about it years ago—maybe your life would have taken a different path.