[52] - Addicted

ADDICTED TO HIM

"Your friend?"

"Yes. He's been out since that day—with the cops, explosion, and all that." Hitoshi lowered his head into his knees, "I'm just really worried about him."

"By any chance, is that friend," you paused, "Shouta Aizawa?"

Hitoshi looked over at you daringly. "He's your teacher, isn't he?"

"Yeah. But don't worry, I think he'll wake up soon."

"I'm not so sure."

"Stay hopeful. How do you know him?"

Hitoshi clearly wasn't having a very good time.

This whole situation was taking a large toll on the boy, "Shouta is...like a father figure to me. He's helped me along my path more than my own family has. He's also like a friend, to me. So it's just really jarring to have him suddenly not be there with me."

"Mm, I understand-"

"Oi, Birdy, we gotta go home now. I didn't come here to listen to this extra's sad life story."

"Blasty, shut up for a minute."

Bakugou bites his tongue and frowns while he starts counting to 60 in his head.

"Shouta will be fine. I'll make sure of it. But right now, myself and this hothead have to get home," you tap him on the head a second before using the wall behind you to stand up. "Keep your head up. That's all I can say."

Hitoshi remembered the first time he met you; he remembered how different you were. Even from the short period of a month, you had changed so much in both character and output.

He smiled, knowing that he had something to do with that change.

It was one of the best decisions he ever made—interfering with you in the gym that day.

Even though he was knocked out by the crazy sharp-tooth psycho just afterwards.

After that, he stood up as well. And when he was facing you, he extended his arms and pulled you into his body for a hug. He put his head on your shoulder, but had to bend down to reach it.

What he expected (and was prepared for) was for you to shove his chest and push him away the second he touched you.

But you didn't push him away.

In actuality, you willingly allowed him to console in you, because you too, recognised the changes you made in yourself.

It was okay that he wanted a hug.

Bakugou was fighting intervention with every bit of energy he had left, because he still hadn't reached 60, but calmed when you finally separated from the hug.