[11] - Distraction

LEAVE ME ALONE

"Okay, good job at combat training, although some of you

"Okay, good job at combat training, although some of you..." Aizawa pauses to glare at a few embarrassed students, "...Didn't put as much into it as i'd have liked of you. I expect more motive from you, tomorrow. However, some of you did well." he glances at you for just a moment, "Class dismissed."

You smile down into your hands at the desk, it's only because I showed the damn hedgehog the fuck up.

Everyone thanks Aizawa, and exits the room un-orderly. You immediately put your headphones into your ears, and weave through the crowd of students—eager to get into the city again.

Then you hear heavy footsteps trotting up behind you.

"Bro, you're here again?" you whine, while Bakugou was jogging up to you. "Can't you leave me alone? Damn."

"OI! I'M DOING MY JOB AS AN ASPIRING HERO! DON'T BULLSHIT ME!"

"Fuck," you sigh while rubbing your temples painfully, "I think your yelling has given me a permanent headache."

"Shut up, my very presence is a blessing." he stands proud, "Anyone in your situation would be grateful to hear my voice everyday."

You roll your eyes, looking away, "More like a curse." you mumble.

"HUH?!"

———————

A week later, and you felt like you were experiencing deja-vu.

You were—once again—walking into the city, with your earphones tucked in, and enjoying your peace until it was disturbed.

Every single day, after school, you would head into the city and buy food, with the limited money you save over the week. And every time, you'd be accompanied by either a timid Todoroki, calm and soft, which makes for nice company...

Or a raging Pomeranian who likes to pick fights with poles.

Today, you felt especially blessed when—instead of your earphones being ripped right out—you had someone tap gently at your shoulder.

You turn to him, taking one speaker out, "Yes?" and you see his gentle smile looking down at you, "Oh, Shouto. Hello."

"Hello, Y/N. Why didn't you participate in the quirk-combat today?" he says inquisitively, walking composedly by your side.

"Oh," you hum for a moment, trying to come up with a white-lie, "I wasn't feeling too good." you rub your stomach in addition.

"Oh? What did you have?" he asks, clearly not buying it, "Are you feeling better?"

"Alright, in all honesty, I just didn't want to verse Bakugou. I know we're always put together, it's so annoying."

"Why's that? Has he been rude towards you recently? Did you feel uncomfortable fighting with him?"

"No," you say carelessly, slipping your thumbs into your blazer pockets, "I just know how badly he wanted to fight me; I denied to piss him off."

"I see, that makes sense. The two of you seem to have a very provocative relationship."

You snort, "You could say that."

"Well, if you ever wish for another opponent, feel free to request me as a partner."

You shove your elbow into his rib playfully, "You know, maybe I'll take you up on that offer one day."

He smiles, "I'll be waiting."

"Tell me about your family, Shouto."

Honestly, it was something you had wanted to ask him for a long time. You'd heard many rumours, but rumours weren't something you ever let yourself care about.

You wanted to know from him—what his family was really like.

He was quiet for a while, contributing many crazed thoughts into the right things to say, he scratches the walls of his brain, figuring it out. You were patient, because you knew that was the only way you'd get something real.

He sniffs, and looks down to you suddenly, "Divided. My entire family is completely divided, in every aspect."

You nod, "Go on."

"As you know, my mother is currently in the mental hospital. She has nothing wrong with her, my dad handed her over to them when she started to vocalise her opinions like a wife should feel safe doing." he looks onto the street absentmindedly, "I was born to surpass my father. The only reason my mother and father got together was because their quirks—if fused together—could make for a strong quirk, such as mine."

"You were born into that?"

"Yes. Bred. That's why i'd rather say I don't have a father then admit that I am related to Endeavour."

"Your fathe—I mean, Endeavour? The top hero as of the moment?"

"Yes, since All Might gave up that position when he rescued Bakugou and retired, my father has owned the title of 'number one hero'."

You hold up your hands, "Hold up...What? What was that about Bakugou?"

He looks down at you smiling softly, "You seem rather infatuated with the likes of Katsuki Bakugou."

"Oh, I didn't realise. Sorry, go on." you lower your head.

"It's okay," he said tenderly, "There's not much else to it, other then my sister. And there's my brothers who I know nothing about, nor have any idea where they are."

Wow...

He's been dealt a hard hand...

"That's rough," you breathe, "I'm sure you'll cross paths again when the time is right."

You didn't know it, but Todoroki took those words to heart. He locked them in a safe and threw away the key. He'd cherish that sentence. Absolutely cherish it.

Until it came true.

He nods slowly and softly, "I'm sure you're right..."

Think, Y/N...A topic change, quick!

"Any chance you feel like chowin' down on some cheesy pizza?" you ask looking up at him, "You know, like the kind that you'll share with me?"

"That should be fine. You should eat some food, too." he hands you a matte-black credit card, "If you could go order it, i'll have to excuse myself. I need to use the bathroom."

You nod, "What do you want on your half?"

"I don't have a preference." he says plainly, and ducks into the nearest bathroom that's located in a still alley. "I'll be quick."

"No rush," You reply, standing on the empty street, and you smell the lovely aroma of cooking meat. You follow your senses, and soon see a wood-fired pizza oven, street pop-up. You head for it, smiling, when passing an alleyway on your way, that you originally didn't pay enough attention to.

A strange blue light was emanating from the inside.

You stop in your tracks, and slowly take a few steps back, peering into the alley. Immediately, you felt wrong about the situation. You grip the brick wall, and squint your eyes to make out what exactly you were seeing.

First, you see the source of the light.

Then, an obvious hand wraps around your mouth, holding your head against their presumed chest. The person smoothly manoeuvres you into the alley.

And you disappear from the street.