[66]: Ouch

"It's starting to look pretty good, now

"It's starting to look pretty good, now."

"Thanks. Well, after I taught Shoji how to tie good knots, he managed to tie all the tents down by himself. So that'll save us some time."

Ashido had been very talkative with you recently.

You didn't know why it was—but you didn't seem to mind.

She was ostensibly loyal in your favour. Which was exactly what you had been in need of the past few months.

"It's definitely coming together."

"Now I gotta help those two boneheads start the fire," you pointed at Katsuki and Kirishima who were kneeling near the planks of wood. "Do you know where everyone else is?"

"Well they haven't found any water yet. So, someone suggested we ask other campers if they know where we can find some."

"Dope. Not a bad idea. Do you know where Shouto went? He was meant to be helping put the shit into the tents. Right now it's just Tsuyu and Kaminari."

Ashido shook her head, "I saw him walk off a while ago but not sure where he went."

"Well, whatever," you tied your shoelaces together again. "I'll go looking for him later. You can chill out because you worked hard enough."

You began walking away from her, but towards the two others. She watched you leave, a placid smile on her face, before she sought after Tsuyu.

"What's up ladies," you said before kneeling next to Kirishima at the non-lit fire. You looked around at them and enjoyed their uncomfortable reactions to your wording.

"Struggling are you?"

"What's up Rina!" Kirishima smiled. "Bakugou and I are finding it pretty hard to-"

"SHUT UP SHITTYHAIR! We're not struggling for shit!. We're just not wasting our time with a fire that she could just make with the 'click' of her fingers," Katsuki rubbed his hands together. "It's a waste of time."

You smirked, adjusting the terrible position the boys had put the wood and sticks into. "Well, I think it would be pretty valuable for you to learn how to start a fire you fucking idiot. It's simple shit. I'm not helping you."  You make a triangle with the big sticks and fill in the corners with leaves around you.

"Fuck you. I hate you and your stupid petty bullshit."

You had to take a step back. The fluster that consumed your cheeks was not from humiliation—but more at the hands of shock.

Those words stung.

Normally they didn't. But something was different about them.

The went right in like a bullet to your chest.

You said words of such hatred to each other all the time. But never did it feel like there was any venom or realness to them.

Maybe it was because—even after all this time and progress—you were still worried that Katsuki actually did hate you.