[70]: Morning Thoughts

The next time Katsuki woke up was in the morning

The sun shone through the thin fabric of the tent, glorifying the wet condensation, the birds squawked their morning calls, and voices from the other campers could be heard easily.

You weren't in the tent.

That was the next thing he realised. 

Wanting to get to the bottom of that, Katsuki forced himself up, pulled a shirt over his head and made his way out of the tent. He slipped his slides on to protect his feet, glancing around the campsite in search for you, one eye closed to block out the sun.

Finally, he spotted your head of pretty hair and felt a warmth in his heart. You were just so nice to look at, and especially in the mornings, easy on the eyes.

He started making his way to you. He rubbed his head and tucked the other hand into the pocket of his basketball shorts.

You had your back to him, and Mina leaning on your shoulder with her hand, as the two of you were busy at work. There was a small table where the two of you were fumbling with supplies.

Upon further inspection, Katsuki observed that the rest of 2-A was gathered around the fireplace again. But this time, everyone was enjoying some fresh food that was cooked on the fire-top. It was meat, and they all had small plastic cups of water that they we're drinking.

"What the fuck..." he muttered under his breath.

When he finally made it to you, he placed his hand on your shoulder and rested his head on top of yours. His chin dug a slightly sharp pain into the top of you head. But you didn't mind, you knew who it was.

You unknowingly smiled, stretching your hand behind you to gently tap the boy on the head.

"Morning Birdy."

Mina smiled, cutting the food, happy to see you flourishing the way you were. Plus, she could easily see the way you flustered when he was around. 

"Morning Blasty."

Then, Katsuki shamelessly wrapped both his arms around your waist, comfortably hugging you from behind.

You were wearing his hoodie.

Katsuki's eyes peered over your figure and he inspected the contents of the desk as you and Mina kept working.

"Morning raccoon eyes." he muttered briefly, "Where did all this shit come from?"

While she was stumped on why the hell Katsuki had actually acknowledged her like a normal human, Mina decided to answer.

"Y-Y/N did it."

"Huh?"

You pursed your lips, awaiting his response.

"She went out super early this morning—like, while it was still dark—and went fishing. She caught all of this before we even woke up," Mina showcased the bowl of freshly-caught fish like it was priceless. "And not to mention that she also found a creek and carried a heavy bucket of fresh, clean water (enough for all of us) back in one trip. So, we both cooked it up so everyone could fill their tummies. It was super generous of her!"