[48] - Bang

BE THE LIGHTING THAT TURNS THE NIGHT TO DAY EVEN FOR A SECOND

The van pulled up at the end of the street. It had just started to rain, but Aizawa and the crew refused to let that jeopardise the mission.

The mission being—find you.

And as they ran down the street in search for anything at all, you they found.

One of the officers in front saw that you were about to use your quirk on Bakugou. And—given the situation—the man obviously assumed the worst.

He had to act quickly, a villain was about to engage her insanely powerful quirk on a high schooler.

"BACK AWAY FROM THE BOY!"

He fired his taser gun at you, and you reacted exactly how they had hoped. You fell to the floor, and as you quickly lost control of your quirk, they immediately saw you as immobile.

You were.

For the moment...

What they didn't expect was for Bakugou, one who was known by them because of his reputation at U-A, to run towards you, trying to protect you.

As a safety precaution, they took him down too.

Your body soon went limp. Whatever resistance you had to holding your quirk back to save them all, you let go.

The black-electricity side of your quirk was so bittersweet.

Normally, you use it to aid your bodily functions, giving you explosive speed, a form of flight, and strength.

You can also throw things further than can be followed by the human eye. Your arm strength being so physically defined and pin-point worked on proved helpful, when you have to limit the amount of volts you conduct in one setting.

It was sweet, because of all the diverse options it gave you, as you had trained it to do.

But the sweet was unfairly outweighed by the bitter, because you had little control of it.

Electricity is not something to play around with. It's unpredictable, and can react negatively when other energy circuits are involved.

You can loose control.

And you can overheat easily, with your body often radiating heat from meters away. Sometimes, perhaps after a lightning storm, your body literally fizzles, as hot steam disperses from it, completely out of your control.

You don't even know why it does that.

And of course—the black patches that appear on your skin when you begin to overuse it.

This was why Bakugou was so confused. He didn't know about the way your body can't keep up with all the intense heat you produce.

He was painfully puzzled, when he glanced over, and saw your legs had began coating themselves in a strange black colour.

Her quirk? He thought, I've never seen that before.

He looked up at your face, your lips were parted but your teeth clenched tight, along with your fists.

Your eyes were closed, and you were obviously fighting something.

"Let go, Y/N."

He reached over, but stopped himself before he made contact with your skin. He knew the flesh on his hand would fizzle into dust, because he could even feel how hot it was as it heated up the road beneath them in a huge circle.

If the police weren't wearing shoes, they'd feel the heat in their feet, even from a safe distance.

His hand hovered, but he drew it back. He would also instantly die if he touched you then. There was far too much surging through you to touch, even for Bakugou.

But he was still there with you.

"It's okay to let go."

And that, you did.

As the very last syllable left his mouth, yours closed. Your body unclenches and softened.

Your eyes opened, and revealed that they were completely black.

Now, the cage of surging energy around you had transformed into hypnotic black flame, and your body lifted from the floor.

You slowly levitated into the standing up position, but your body was limp. Your hair flew high about your head, and your clothes started singing away, while ruffling in the wind.

You had no more control.

For the first time—your quirk completely took over.

Bakugou recognised what was going on. As your body was filling up, it was evident that a climax was approaching.

He turned to the police officers who had their barricades up, and their weapons drawn on your floating body.

In your head, what was going on was a battle. Your conscience was desperately trying to grab ahold of your body, before something bad happened.

But you couldn't.

"WHAT'RE YOU IDIOTS DOING? TAKE COVER! HURRY!"

Bakugou curled into a ball, knowing he couldn't get to safety quick enough.

He accepted it. But it didn't make it any less scary for him. He had tears in his eyes, but they were buried into his chest.

As it approached, the sky roared with aggression.

Finally, Aizawa had spotted you. He knew what to do, so he told the others to get to cover immediately, and he sprinted straight for you.

He saw it.

Your body curled up towards the sky, and at the very moment Aizawa leapt off the ground, you screamed.

Your scream triggered the lightening.

Aizawa engaged his quirk on you, and shot one of his wraps around your leg to try and pull you out of the way.

A huge bolt of lighting came stretching down from the angry sky towards you, like an arm coming to take you away.

It made contact with you, and the whole city shook. It was an explosion that would forever mark the city.

Destruction fell as an abomination, and life seemed to have disappeared completely.

——————

It's really short but it has to be >.< i'm trying to update all my books today so here's this.

Ps- i couldn't possibly put into words how big this explosion was. It wasn't like an actual explosion that wiped the whole city out, but a huge explosion of light that swallowed all of Tokyo. Like a tsunami of white light. Sorry, i'm not a very good writer sometimes ^.^

Anyways, some of you guys have been asking for a sequel to Equals (rhymes) and i was contemplating it. Are you interested? If you are, give me some plot ideas! and if i find a good one, i'll think about creating it 🥰🥰

Thanks for reading! Sorry for the weird chapter :/

- M