[58]: Diligence

GOOD MORNING JAPAN

"This movie is shit

"This movie is shit."

"I told you that you wouldn't like it," you replied to Katsuki, pushing on his cheek. "But you insisted on this one."

"Because the main chick is hot as fuck."

Clearly, he was trying to provoke you. Trying to humiliate, or make you jealous of the main character. Really, just anything to spark some reaction with substance from your regularly reposeful self.

It wasn't working.

Because two can play it that game.

"True. She got nice tits."

You kept your eyes on the TV, but in your peripherals, you could see Katsuki looking at you.

"...Yeah. Nice tits."

You nodded.

It took a long time, a lot of commitment, and a lot of forcing yourself not to look at him, for Katsuki to finally respond in the manner you had imagined.

"Oi, what the fuck is with girls always acting so gay all the time? I see Floaty and Earphone Girl always aching gay, I don't get it." he started playing with the knitted blanket that was outstretched over both of you. "If guys act gay, they're fuckin' gay."

You chuckled, "I told you I was gay, didn't I?"

"HUH? You weren't being serious, don't pretend. You won't scare me off, so stop trying."

You look back towards the TV, sinking impossibly lower into Katsuki's couch. "'Kay."

"You're so hard to read, sometimes, you know that?"

"Yeah, maybe for you. But that's just because you're illiterate and couldn't read a book if it were open right in front of you."

"UGH! You're hard work, too. Fuck, if you were my wife, I think I'd poison your coffee or something."

You smirk, "Good. 'Cause if I were your wife, I'd drink it."

His eyes seemed to shrink as you replied. He reached over, putting his hand on your head roughly, and turned it to face him.

His eyes locked into yours, and he threw away the key.

"Hurry up and be my girlfriend."

"Well, that was a romantic approach," you sass, shooing his hand away and landing your eyes back upon the TV. "But, no."

"WHY!? You obviously like me. I obviously like you, or whatever. Why do you keep making me chase you?"

"Cause, Katsuki. Do I look like someone who knows how to have a boyfriend? I don't date."

Suddenly, he landed his hand, pastoral and serene, right on top of yours. "Whatever, that's dumb. You don't need to know how to do anything. Dating doesn't have to have stupid rules, it can just be fun. So stop running away from me, dammit all."