[57]: Doe a Deer

IN THE HEADLIGHTS

"Wow."

You didn't know what you expected from Bakugou's reaction to your story, but it certainly wasn't real sympathy.

"So that was it. That's what got you a death penalty? It wasn't even your fault!"

You shrugged, rolling onto your back next to him on the bed. "Not like it matters. The judges look for facts and evidence so they can proceed with penalties. Not opinions and bias."

"But the fact of the matter is that you had nothing to do with it!"

"My fire is what killed my whole family, Katsuki. It had everything to do with me."

Bakugou pressed his tongue into the side of his mouth as he deeply thought about what he could do. His hands were above his head, he looked at the ceiling.

Truth be told: he was pretty helpless.

He couldn't help you.

Hell, you couldn't even help yourself.

You were stuck.

"Whatever. I just know that i'm going to do whatever I can to make sure that they don't take you away," he rolled over and hovered above you. "I told you from the very first day, I know that you are good. You're a good person. I'll prove it to that stupid fucking judge if it's the last thing I do."

"You're stupid, Katsuki," you blushed before tucking your hand behind his neck and pulling him down towards you. You pressed your soft lips into his, then pulled away. "But it's cute that you think you stand a chance."

He froze.

For once, he was shocked by your actions.

"You just kissed me," he said breathlessly, "Birdy, you really just kissed me!"

You forced out a melodramatic scoff in his direction, narrowing your eyes, "We had sex less than 8 hours ago, and you're concerned that I kissed you?"

"N-No, it's just that," he paused, sitting up and crossing his legs. "I've always been the one to kiss you. And you just kissed me first."

"Get over yourself," you grumble, sitting up and hiding your naked body under his sheets. "Now, go fetch my shirt for me. Please."

"I was just going to say that it was hot," he snarled, following your orders and slowly
walking across the room, eyes to the floor. "Damn. Where the fuck is your shirt?"

"I don't know, just grab me something."

"Fine," he grunted while reaching into his closet and pulling out one of his own t-shirts. "Take this."

He throws it across the room and it lands sprawled-out over your head.

"Great," you reply sarcastically, "Take this," you flip him off with both hands and pull the large shirt off your head, before settling it down over your torso.