[23] - Starting Shot

WHICH SIDE IS MINE?

"You should've worn something else," Dabi tells you, while the two of you walk towards your designated perch, "That's ripped

"You should've worn something else," Dabi tells you, while the two of you walk towards your designated perch, "That's ripped. I can see your face, too."

"Don't tell me what to wear," you say, clicking a small button on your earpiece that lets your mask crawl across your mouth and nose, hiding most of your face, "Are we almost there? I'm fuckin' beat."

"Here." he says.

The two of you wander out onto a small wooden plank that looks over the city. Your jaw drops a little, and you feel overwhelmed by the site of it all, right there, in front of you.

"That's the building," he says, casually pointing to an old slab of concrete, "Looks further away from here, doesn't it?"

"Shut up," you roll your shoulders, "Easy shot."

He puts his hands on his hips, "The reason it had to be so far away was so you weren't spotted. Your face was all over the news."

"Don't remind me." you sigh longingly.

"That was really brainless of you," he says bluntly, and imprudently continues, "I thought you'd have the sense to be more discreet about where you let your face end up."

"You don't know me."

Looking away, he quickly points back at the building, "Anyway, you've got your position, you'll get the signal from me, on that perch over there, not long after darkness falls. Remember the people, try not to burn them alive."

"I know, we've been through this already. Fuckin' hell."

Walking away, he tugs his hands into his pockets, "I know. Just trying to make sure you don't ruin this, again."

"HEY!"

——————

The adolescent rescue team, had been following the tracking device for over an hour, through the city.

They were so, painfully committed.

"How did you get the tracker, Bakugou?" Kirishima asked, as he peered into every alleyway the group passed, "It seems like a coincidence."

He looks away disgruntled, "Tch, ponytail's stupid quirk was half useful."

"Momo?" Ashido asks, "She got you the tracker?"

"Did I not just say that, you damn scum!" Bakugou looks back down to the small receiver and growls, "Damn it, the stupid girl is on the damn move!"

"Where's she headed?" Todoroki asks.

"Like I fuckin' know, I just see her signal." he points, "Take a stupid right here."

The three others comply, and continue the search for you.

"Man, I can't wait to find the guys who took her!" Kirishima slams his hardened fists into each other and grins, "I'll make them never wish they messed with our friend!"

"Friend?" Ashido laughs, "I wish I could call her a friend. I'm sure she hates my guts."

"No worries!" Kirishima replies, bumping her shoulder, "She hated me because I have red hair, too! But I can tell i'm making progress with her!"

"I wish I had your confidence, Eijiro."

Bakugou clenches his fists, Where could you be you damn idiot, he thought, trying to scorn his lingering thoughts of concern, you better be fucking okay...

Somewhere across the city, Aizawa and his group of pros and police officers had begun the search for you, too.

"If the transmitter is reliable, she should be on the other side of this mountain." Mic says, showing the GPS to the driver of the car.

Aizawa agreed with a nod and the group of them shot out for your destined route. "Let's get there fast, we have no idea what could be going on."

The driver nods his head and plants his foot on the gas.

——————

Half an hour had passed, and the city had completely been swallowed by the night sky.

You were sitting peacefully on the edge of the platform, with your legs swinging off the side, while you peered curiously over all the happy humans below.

The only words you could think of were fuck off.

It's then you hear the small tingle of a fire-charge going off, and you look to the sound.

Dabi had fired a small charge high into the sky, just vibrant enough for you to spot from your position, and you took that as your signal to proceed.

Over on his side of the mountain, he was on a phone call with Shigaraki. Holding it up to his ear with just his shoulder, he narrowed his eyes to try and spot you, but struggled through the darkness.

"Tell me, Dabi," Shigaraki groans through the call, "Did the girl do her job?"

"I just sent the signal, she should spot it soon."

You stand up, casually dusting off your hands, and aiming out your target.

Can you really complete the task without harming the people inside? Taking out a whole wall in one shot, without damaging the insides is a hard task, when it comes to firepower.

You start to then feel agonistic, whether or not you should be doing what you were told. Shrugging, you decide it's the only thing you can do.

What's taking her so long? Dabi thought to himself, and lowered his phone. "Damn it, take the shot, Tito!"

You reach both your arms behind your head, creating a small cage-like area between your fingers where a large ball of supercharged, scorching oxidation begins to brew, and grows larger and more powerful with every second.

Aiming down your sights by consolidating your eyes, you throw the ball at it.

The large flaming inferno glided across the midnight sky almost completely invisible, and grows wider with its travelling.

In less then a full second, the conflagration has collided on the side of the wall, instantly imploding and causing the cells to combust, breaking down and tumbling instantly.

"Dabi? Are you ignoring-"

"It's done." he interrupts, covertly impressed by your reinforced capabilities.

"Good..." he hums mischievously, "That's good. They will move inside now."

Dabi hangs up the phone and hides it in his pocket. His finger glides you to a small earpiece that Kurogiri had supplied for the mission, and clicks the contact button.

"Phoenix? Do you hear me?"

"Hello, this is Aunt Mary's pornography store on Tashiho Street! For all your pornographic needs!"

Dabi's eyes widen, "...I-"

"Oh, loosen up! I guess you were born with a stick up your damn ass."

"Phoenix, you need to take this thing seriously."

"You know I don't take anything seriously."

"Your job is done. Now move."

You wipe off your hands and begin to walk off the boardwalk. Disarming the earpiece so you won't be bothered by Dabi any longer, and you begin to make your way down the mountain.

That's when you meet eyes with him.

With Katsuki Bakugou.