[28] - Give It Our All

IT BEGINS

You were slumped back in a chair, at the very back of the viewing room

You were slumped back in a chair, at the very back of the viewing room. Your feet were rested on the chair just in front of you, and your arms were crossed, along with your brows.

Watching the battle between Bakugou and Midoriya as a team, against the retired number one hero, All Might. You couldn't help judge their battle skills, while glaring at the wide-screen. Sure, they both have substantial power, but neither of them have the right fight-sense to think properly about their actions. That's why they were loosing against him.

Ashido had mentioned that these tests were like a rematch of the ones they all took not long after the Sports Festival from the year earlier. They even picked the same groups and opposers, with you as an exception. They did muddling with the system to make you fit into the situation.

While watching, it was painfully obvious that Bakugou and Midoriya aren't the closest of friends. They had no teamwork skills installed, at all. You'd been watching everyone carry out the battles for hours now. Truth be told, it was boring you. You truly only stuck around to watch Bakugou get dominated by All Might, because it would be a rage worth witnessing.

Suddenly, you perk with interest when Midoriya gets a firm hit on All Might's face, and he tumbles to the ground.

Damn old man's lost his touch.

Loosing to a kid.

Bakugou let's off a large blast which covers All Might's entire body, and he falls to the ground.

Not long after, though, he stands back up. The man was purely unfit for battle, his fighting days were long over. He'd candidly already lost the battle, you saw it in his eyes, and his lop-sided smile that was filled with too much agony to be real.

So why'd they pair those two up with someone unfit?

The boys continue to pound the retired hero with unstoppable shots, carrying far too much power to withstand on repeat like that.

The man falls to the ground, and doesn't stand back up. Everyone had soon assumed that he was deemed a loss, and the two had passed the test.

But, Bakugou wasn't satisfied.

You heard on the small intercom what Bakugou was tormenting the unconscious hero with.

"SO, THIS IS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO DEFEAT YOUR CHILDHOOD HERO? YOUR IDOL?" He screams, while winding back for an explosion, "I THOUGHT IT WOULD FEEL BETTER!"

No, you damn idiot.

You see him swing his open hand down to the man, while the sweat fills in a puddle, and jump up from your seat, "NO! DUMBASS!"

Suddenly, Midoriya steps in.

Blocking Bakugou's swing with his bare hand, the boy flares his teeth at him, "That's enough, Kacchan. There's no need to extend the torment for him, he's out."

Kacchan?

Flicking away the boy's hand in one swoop, Bakugou positions both his hands at his hips, palms facing Midoriya, "DAMN DEKU! DON'T STOP ME! I'LL KILL YOU!"

Deku!?

It's only a matter of seconds before the two boys are scrap-piling like mindless children in the middle of the road, and firing shots at each other.

Sitting back down in your chair, you grin to yourself. So, that's why they paired them.

All Might rises from his position on the floor, and approaches the hopeless children. Picking them up by the material on the back of their necks, and hanging them in the air, facing each other while they continue to shoot.

"This is why you boys are going to loose," All Might states firmly with a grin, before he slams both of them into the floor with the limited assist of his overused quirk, and their heads create dents in the bitumen.

You scoff to yourself while getting up from your seat and slipping your hands into your pockets. Then you leave the room, shaking your head while the battle continues.

——————

"Oh?" you hum surprised when walking into the waiting room, to find Todoroki sitting at the table, alone, "You're here, too?"

Nodding, he looks up at you, "Why aren't you watching the battles that are taking place?"

Sitting down on the opposite side of the table, you peer into his eyes, "I could ask you the same thing, Shouto."

He smiles nimbly, and looks down into his hands, "We're not so different," he whispers absentmindedly, "You and I."

"Yeah, we are so different, Shouto," you correct with ascension, "For starters: You're a hero, and i'm a villain."

He shakes his head, "I'm not sure about either of those."

"I-"

"I'm not going to tell you who you are, but no matter what you do, or how rude you are to everyone, you will always posses a hero's qualities, and I see it every day."

You look down into your palms, "Shut up. You don't know anything."

"And I don't have the right to call myself a hero," he says sombrely, sighing, "That's why i'm going to be the reason we fail the test."

"No, you're going to be the reason we win," you point again, making sure to speak with commandment so he knows you're not bullshitting him, "You are the hero out of us, so you have the incentive, and the right values that will get us that win. I, on the other hand, have no real value in winning, other than the satisfaction of beating the number one hero."

Todoroki doesn't believe you.

Not a word of what you said, he takes on as something truthful.

You're lying, even to yourself.

He squints his eyes anxiously, and with humiliation, "I'm nervous."

Looking up at the struggling boy, you almost smile at his vulnerability, "Me too," you say, "But we will win. No matter what, because it'll feel amazing to win. Hero or not, winning is winning, and it's something to be victorious about." you hold out on of your hands to him, leaning across the table, "Winning, is incentive enough to give it our all, don't even think about our own values or morals, just winning. Just the word, that's all. And we will come out with the long end of the stick, I know it."

Suddenly, the 'end of round' bell sirens throughout the halls, before an announcement is made, "Next to their station, will be Rina Y/N and Todoroki Shouto. Please make your way, as soon as possible."

He nervously grabs your hand, that you offered.

You smile, and—after making sure it was his left hand—you set it on fire, and look deeply into his eyes, "Let's give it out all."

After checking you over, he smiles too, setting his hand on fire also.

Then the two contrasting colours of your flames lick together in a glorious pattern of intent.

And you both nod your heads, setting out for Enji Todoroki.

*giggles in fangirl* I'M SO EXCITED TO PUBLISH THE FIGHT ARRGGHHHG!!

(sorry for another cliffhanger, but also i'm not tehe)