[68]: Campfire Wonders

The wood that the fire had been eating away at, had been consumed enough to solidify the huge amount of time that the fire had been burning for

It had been slowly distinguishing itself over time, as a few hours had already passed. You were the only one who was able to stoke the fire efficiently.

At some point, the class had split apart.

On own side of the fire was the boys, who were all sharing boy secrets and telling each other who they were after.

While the girls were on the other side, talking about their own secrets, and admitting to little crushes.

"Well, recently my heart's been feeling all stirred up," Uraraka began quietly with Tsuyu leaning on her shoulder. "You-"

"IT'S LOVE!"

Everyone screams at Ashido to shut up before alerting the other boys of their topic.

"NONONONO!" Uraraka desperately shook her head, "IT'S NOT!"

You narrowed your eyes at her with a cheeky smile. "It's Midoriya."

The girls simultaneously gasp out loud as they recognise just how true that statement was. It had been so obvious all this time. Meanwhile, Uraraka's heart visibly stops beating in her chest, as her secret was out.

The girls keep talking about things such as that, while you look back at your fire and enjoy the simple wonders of it.

You never got bored of looking at flames.

And they never got bored of you.

"Hey Rina, how did you get so good at this camping stuff?" Hagakaure asked. "You put all the boys around here to shame."

You laughed, pivoting on your hips to face all the girls again.

"When I was a little girl, we lived in a very unfortunate area. After some stuff went down, and I lost my family, I was forced to adjust to the wild with my brother."

The look in their eyes was enough to make you want to cry.

"You...lost you family?" Uraraka said softly. "I'm so, so, so sorry, Rina." her voice crackled with every syllable.

You shook your head. "Don't be, it's not your fault. It's actually mine."

As you slowly started letting them all in on your past, they all listened attentively. It became more obvious to them as to why you had chosen to become a villain.

You wanted to be a hero at first. But—after everything that happened to you—how could you not want to exact revenge on the world that had shown you nothing but cruelty?

It made sense. They didn't know how anyone could possibly remain level-headed and pure-hearted after loosing everything like that.

The girls felt so much empathy for you.