Ch. 14

"Hey, you wanna meet my friend Rob?" Laurie asked, shaking out his wet hair.

"Uhm, sure. Yeah." I shrugged, pulling on my black Guess® hightops.

We headed out and walked a few blocks down the main road. In a small neighborhood we walked up to a home that looked liked it'd suffered one to many house parties. In a same-way-as-Ke$ha-I'm-still-cool-even-when-I'm-filthy kind of way, you know? Kinda bad ass, kinda hipster-punk-rock.

We walked up to the front porch. Laurie didn't knock, just flung the door inwards.

"Hey, Rob! You home?" He yelled into the dimly lit house, peering through the dark and utterly trashed livingroom, and into the house beyond.

"I'm in the basement! Head on down!" A voice yelled from deep within. I was beginning to regret my decision to come along.

We thumped down some rickity steps, which I was sure were going to break any second, and I attempted to ignore the creaks and groans the old wood made.

'Rip It Up' by Family Force 5 was ending, and it faded into their song 'Dang Girl'.

A guy sat in a scruffy computer chair, facing a dinosaur of a computer. The light from it's screen illuminated the otherwise pitch-black basement, and slightly burned my darkness-adjusted eyes.

Laurie flipped on the lights, blinding me further, and the guy turned around to face us. He had short chocolate hair, semi-pale skin, a very athletic body, blue eyes, and a mischievous smile. Which he happened to be flashing at me.

"So, imma guess you're Rob, right?" I asked, smirking. The guy got up and crossed the room till he was standing right in front of me.

"Please, babe, call me Robbie." He lifted my chin, and I could feel my heart going crazy in my chest.

"I will if you call me Rian." I shot back, wiggling my eyebrows playfully. Robbie nodded lightly, then turned to Laurie.

"What the fuck, Westfield!? Why didn't you introduce me to your bestfriend Rian, who just so happens to be a girl, before?!"

"Wait, you didn't tell him I was a girl? Laurie!" I interjected, slapping Laurie across the chest.

"He didn't tell me that, OR how beautiful you are." Robbie winked. I giggled. Laurie rolled his eyes.

"Whatever..." I had a smug smile on my face. Laurie had no excuses. He kept me a secret from a really hot guy. And I mean REALLY hot.