73

/A/n: Promise

Y/n's Pov:

We all sat at the table and began to eating, no one talked we all just enjoyed the delicious food Mrs.Weasley had made. Once we had our fill of food Mrs.Weasley kicked us out of the kitchen and into the sitting room so she could clean up for dessert I was going to try to talk to Ron but was pulled away by the Weasley twins and my girlfriend who wanted to see my drawings, I sighed and followed them over to one of the couches and picked up the small book I had left on the table beside it and flipped to the page I had been working on, in the end, I showed them my whole sketch bok before they were satisfied and dessert was finally finished and we were called back into the kitchen; Mrs.Weasley had made her famous fruit crum cake with ice cream on the side. Everyone had calmed down from the exciting news and were comfortably talking with each other, Ginny and Hermione were laughing while Tonk was morphing her face into different shapes and animal beaks, Mrs.Wealsey was chatting happily with her husband while Sirius and Harry were talking about Quidditch and other stuff; Ron had finished his second piece of cake and headed to the sink to wash his plate, I got up and followed meeting him at the sink.

Y/n: "Hey Ron, can I talk with you a second in private" he looked at me strangely but nodded and set the plate down, we left the kitchen quietly and ventured into the drawing-room where no one would hear us. 

Ro: "What's, uh, what's up Y/n what do you want to talk about" I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose, he looks at me innocently. I scratched my eyebrow and looked at him sternly, his look of innocence turned into slight fear.

Y/n: "Just hear me out okay, I know you, Harry, and Mione are planning something" he was about to object when I put my hand up to stop his flood of excuses.

Y/n: "And I know that I will not be able to stop you three, and I don't plan to but I need you to promise me something Weasley" he looked at me surprised but I don't blame him, after all, we weren't really close but I would call him a friend of mine someone I can depend on to hold this heavy promise.

Ro: "Why me?" he asked shyly, I rubbed the back of my neck with my hand awkwardly

Y/n: "I uh, I trust you Ron and I know you care about Hermione as much as I do"

Ro: "She's like a sister to me" he added, I smiled and stopped rubbing my neck

 Y/n: "I know, which is why I'm asking you to do this" he nodded I took a deep breath 

Y/n:" I need you to promise me that you will protect Hermione" he looked at me confused and left out an amused laugh.

Ro:" You want me to protect Hermione Granger, the same girl who traveled through time to face a werewolf, the brightest witch of her age who punched Malfoy in the face. No offense Y/n but I don't think she needs protection" he turned to leave I groaned and grabbed his arm stopping him.

Y/n: "Will you just listen, please! I know it sounds foolish but," I paused debating on how I should tell him about the sick feeling I had without sounding crazy.

Y/n: "Something bad is happening I can feel it and I know I won't be there to help her when she needs me so that's why I'm asking you. Please Ron, I-I treasure her Ron and I can't stand the thought of something happening to her" I asked with pleading eyes.

Y/n: "And I know you feel it too Ron" Ron sighed and nodded in understatement

 Ro: "Okay, I'll protect her" I looked at him seriously

Y/n:"Promise"

"Ro: "I promise" I stuck out my hand and with a curt nod he took it and we shook, I dropped my hand and pulled him into a powerful hug.

Y/n: "Thank you" he smiles and hugs me back, we hug quickly and were going back into the kitchen when Hermione meets us in the hall with a curious look on her face, I smiled and walked over to her and kissed her on the cheek.

He: "What are you twp doing out here?" Ron and I look at each other and shrug

Y/n&Ro: "School stuff," we both say smoothly, she eyes us suspiciously but doesn't say anything to us.

Ro: "so uh thanks Y/n I'll make sure to try that next time Snape mentions that, I'm gonna go find Harry bye guys." he says awkwardly and rushes out of the room, I hid a laugh and wrapped an arm around Hermione's waist. Once he's out of the room Hermione turned to me quickly with a raised brow I looked at her innocently.

He: "What are you planing Babe?

"Y/n: "I'm planning nothing" she eyes me suspiciously but doesn't ask anything else

He: "You are such a weirdo

"Y/n: "But I'm your weirdo," I say shyly,

He: "Yes, yes you are; come on let's get ready for bed" I nodded, she took my hand and lead me back into the kitchen where the crowd had thinned, we wished the others good night and headed up to our room to settle down for the night.

################################################################################