30

A/n: worry and Dementors

No One's Pov:

The girls woke early and quickly moved their things back into the Ravenclaw tower once setting their things down and roaming about the castle saying hi to all the kitchen elves and the ghosts, they ran around the castle and helped some of the teachers with their things. Y/n often did this but it was much faster with Luna. The castle was eerie today, and even though it was September the atmosphere seemed cold. It was around lunchtime when y/n's wolf senses began to go off, her arm hair stood on end and she was paranoid and on edge, all the staff members noticed this and tried to comfort the cub but y/n was still agitated. By the afternoon y/n was summoned to Dumbledor's office, she was escorted by Flitwick to the upper office as soon as she entered the room Flitwick left her alone in the empty office. Y/n sat down in front of the grand desk shaking her leg trying to calm herself down, Dumbledor entered only moments later and smiled calmly at y/n.

Du: "It's nice to see you again y/n" Dumbledore sat down behind his desk

Du: "You seem to be agitated are you alright"? he asked

Y/n: "I don't feel right sir I feel angry and protective" Dumbledore nods in understanding he knew a little about werewolves and he knew why y/n felt like this, to y/n this is her home her territory and the present of the Dementors which he didn't like either.

Du: "Do you know what a Dementor is y/n?" y/n furred her eyebrow in confusion

Du: "They are nasty beast that protects Azkaban, a couple of days ago Sirius Black escaped Azkaban and the council think it's wise to send them to patrol Hogwarts to protect the students here, you feel as though they are invading your home so that's why you feel this way" Dumbledor explained calmly with a reassuring smile

Y/n: "How long are they going to be here?" Dumbledores smile drops and he leans back in his large chair.

Du: "I'm afraid they're going to be here all year" Y/n frowned

Y/n: "What should I do then?" Dumbledore leaned forward in his seat

Du: "You are going to have to drink Wolfsbane every day to calm your instincts"

Y/n: "I'm not going to have enough sir"Dumbledore nods and gets up from his desk and walks over to an area in the back of his office there is some clanking then he reemerges with a giant test tube of clear liquid, the tube was rounded and deep with a skinny neck, and a large cork held a large amount of liquid.

Du:"I figure something like this would happen so I asked Snape to brew a huge batch of it, this should last you, take a vial of it every day to breakfast and mix it in with Pumpkin juice it should help the taste" he gently handed y/n the large container.

Y/n:" Thank you, sir, for everything" he smiled warmly at you

Du: "Take a bit now, then put it in your trunk the train should be here soon"You nod and stand carefully from your chair, and leave his office thanking him once more.

You did as instructed once you got to the Ravenclaw tower taking an empty vial and dipping it into the large container, you chug it down and feel a lot better. You fill another one and set both in your trunk by the window. Once done you and Luna hid in the tower and wait for the train to arrive. Hours past and Luna fell asleep but you stayed up worried about your friends the same angry and protective feeling washes over you and find yourself beginning to whine a bit like a sad puppy, you made a note to drink a little more wolfsbane. It got later and later and you begin to panic Luna had woken up from her catnap and was looking out the window beside you.

Y/n: "Why are they so late? do you think something happened"you said quickly and began to pace around the room.

Lu: "Maybe they are having train problems? though it isn't likely" now Luna was worried the two stayed silent for ten minutes then a sound made them jump, the train had pulled in within seconds y/n ran out of her room and down to the train as the first years began to unload y/n looked around and found the golden three leaving together with a new teacher, the teacher left and the three were left looking around, you meet Hermione's chocolate brown eyes and ran to her she was visible relief and gladly accepted your hug feeling safe in your arms the two of you hugged for a bit then pull back.

Y/n: "Thank god you're okay," you said and hug her again it seemed as if she fell perfectly into your body like two puzzle pieces. While you two were hugging Hagrid's voice was heard over the crowd.

Ha: "Everything is under control Prefects escort your house to the great hall for the feast" Y/n was forced to let go of Hermione as Percy Weasley escorted the Gryffindors away Y/n met up with Luna and followed in the Ravenclaws and waited for the feast.

###############################################################################