59

A/n: Time jump to the Second Task

No One's Pov:

Y/n kept out of trouble for two months even with Malfoy's continued to torment and insult her and her friends, she almost lost it when he insulted Luna, Harry and once again Hermione in one sentence but she caught the glance of Snape and stopped in her tracks but karma prevailed when Draco's potion backfired in his face Snape waltz over and took some points from him and turned around to head back to the front of the class but not without a wink and small smile to Y/n that only she noticed. But she kept her head through the rest of December and through January. In February everyone was too anxious to do anything up till the 24 when the tabled would turn. The second task of the Tri-wizard tournament was scheduled and everyone was so excited to find out what it was that they could care less about anything Draco Malfoy said to some Ravenclaw. 

The morning of the 24 in the great hall was quiet as breakfast finished and everyone was told to grab their coats and head to the black lake. Confused the students did as they were told and grabbed their things and headed down to the lake, once they arrived they noticed many boats just like the ones they rode in their first year to get to the castle, another thing they noticed was a cluster of structures in the very center of the lake that they couldn't quite make out but their excitement took over and in the group of fives they loaded into the boats and headed to the structures. The first group to leave was, of course, the four champions that lead the boats to the structures. One of the groups held Y/n, Luna, Neville, Ginny, and a Hufflepuff girl they were all wrapped up in big coats and chatting about what the task could be.

The boat ride was short and when they arrived they saw that the structures were three wooden platforms each with four different levels to them. The four champions were the first to arrive to the center structure they all stepped off and went to the center of the first level, next the students started to arrive and fill in the level's, Y/n's group stood on the first platform of the center structure right by the champions, y/n talked to Harry for a bit till the bottom platform was filled with rowdy teens, y/n patted Harry on the shoulder and shuffled back over to Luna and Ginny as the last of the teens filled the last platform along with the judge's everyone quieted as Dumbledore pressed the tip of his wand to his throat.

Du: "Welcome one and all to the Second Task of the Triwizard tournament, now something very dear to our champions have been taken and hidden in the lake. The champions have an hour to find what was taken from them at the sound of the horn the task will begin!"  The crowd cheered loudly, the champions took off their robes and prepared to dive into the cold water, Harry swallowed something green and slimy he cringed and began to act like he was choking on something but the horn sounded and Mad-eye Moody pushed Harry into the lake. He kept squirming and grabbing at his throat everyone was startled at the violent motions of the boy and watched the water ripple as Harry continued to struggle under but suddenly the movement stopped and everyone began to think the worst till Harry launched out of the water with webbed hands and feet everyone cheered as he re-entered the water and it stilled once again, the students watched the water anxiously waiting for anything to happen.

Twenty minutes later of no action something lanched out of the water in panic, it was Fleur she had been attacked by something in the water and panicked launching herself out of the lake to prevent her from drowning. Fleur pulled herself onto the dock, Madam Pomfrey rushed over to her with a blanket and some Pepper-up potion. Y/n was concerned for her friend and pushed through the crowd and over to Fleur many people were fussing over her and she looked distressed which frightened Y/n even more. Y/n was able to get through the crowd as soon as Fleur saw Y/n she stood and hugged her tight letting the thick blanket fall to the dock Y/n wrapped her arms around Fleur in a bear-hug while leaning down to pull the blanket back around her Fleur began to cry lightly into her friend's shoulder.