26

A/n: Summer

Y/n's Pov:

There were only a few days left of the summer holiday when we received our Hogwarts letters of supplies and other things. I collected it from the owl and handed Luna her's and walked into the cabin the first thing I saw was a letter about a place called Hogsmeade.

Y/n:"Hagrid what is Hogsmeade," I asked aloud as I entered the cabin. Hagrid was sitting in his large armchair smoking his long pipe while reading the daily profit. He set the pipe and paper down next to him and looks up to y/n. An evil man laughed crazily from the paper.

Y/n watched the moving picture as she handed Hagrid the forme. Hagrid read it carefully and slightly frowned. He looked at the 13-year-old and smiled sadly.

Ha:" Hogsmed is a wizarding village, not that far from here"

Y/n:" I didn't know there was a village around here?"

Ha:" yeah" Hagrid stood from this chair still with the permission slip in hand. He grabbed the daily profit and threw it in the fire nearly tossing the letter in. Y/n watched him carefully as she walked over to the small stove tucked in the corner.

Y/n:" what's in Hogsmeade?" You inquired following behind the halfe-giant. He sighed and turned to y/n.

Ha:" it has a bunch of corner shops nothing really exciting you should just stay here." He says dismissively waving his huge hand but y/n didn't have it and she pushed on.

Y/n:" Hagrid," she said Hagrid looked the cub in the eyes and frowned.

Ha:" there is a sweet shop, a prank store couple outlets and two pubs the three broomsticks and Hogshead"

Y/n:" that sounds cool"

Ha:" it's not that cool besides you have to get it signed" Hagrid walked quickly away y/n kept pace.

Y/n:" well could you sign it," Y/n asked hopefully and quickly ran to find a quill and ink bottle.

This is the moment Hagrid didn't want to endure. He hated to break the girl's heart but knew he couldn't lie to her.

Ha:" I can't y/n" she frantically searched her trunk.

Y/n:" yeah you can I know I have a quill here somewhere" Hagrid walks over to y/n.

Ha:" no I can't y/n" he placed his and over y/n's shoulder. Y/n stopped her search and looked up at the man.

Ha:" I didn't want ter tell you this but you need a parent or guardian to sign it and I'm neither" Your goofy smile wavered as you remembered that he was in fact not your parent. Over the past few years, you had grown close to him and called him family.

Y/n:" oh" you simply say and closed your trunk.

Y/n:" right, yeah i-i know that" you swallowed slowly.

Ha:" I'm Sorry y/n I would love fer you te go but that's the rules" y/n shrug off his hand and began to pick up her clothes she threw about in her haste for a quill.

Y/n:" no I get it, you aren't my guardian it's all okay" Hagrid knew not to push so he only smiled sadly and walks back over to the stove.

Ha:" how about I make some tea" y/n only nodded and continued picking up her clothes folding them and placing them neatly inside her trunk and a couple hidden in places around the cabin just in case. She finished and walked over to Hagrid still making tea and food.

Y/n:" can we go to Diagonally on Friday?" He nodded y/n gave him a small smile and left the cabin running into the woods Luna had come back from the creek and was going to follow but Hagrid called her into the cabin for dinner.

Luna asked Hagrid why y/n ran to the woods. Hagrid explained what happened and how y/n ran to think like she did often in the summer but would return late at night.

Luna nodded and the two ate in silents. After they finished the sun had already set and y/n still hadn't returned. It became later and the two couldn't stay awake so Hagrid left out a large bowl of stew and they went to sleep.

Little after midnight the door quietly opened and y/n walked in she saw the bowl and smiled slipping off her shoes and tossing them aside she rushed to the kitchen and gulped down the cold stew once done she washed her bowl, changed and went to bed.

Hagrid woke early and left the two girls to sleep. He slipped on his large overcoat and headed to the school. He entered and walked straight to the head master's office to talk the Dummbledoor.
###############################################################################