13

A/n: Hermione questions Hagrid

Hermione's Pov:

I sat in the courtyard at the break while the boys played wizard chest and I kept thinking back to her odd behavior earlier today. Even though we had class today and she was fine friendly even welcoming me back and even asking how was my holiday. I answered of course but something still felt off and I was beginning to become restless so I stood up and turned to the boys. 

He: "How about we go pay Hagrid a visit,"I said quickly the boys look up as Ron's queen destroyed one of Harry's knights they smiled at the idea and quickly got up packing the game away and we all start walking into the forest and over to Hagrid's hut. After a short walk into the woods, we arrive at Hagrid's home the boys and I walk to the huge door and knock loudly we hear Fang Hagrid's bloodhound start barking we hear Hagrid shout and his large footsteps clunk over to the door. He swings it open moments later and smiles we all smile back to him and give him hugs.

Ha: "It's so good to see you again Hagrid"

Hai: "You two 'arry, Ron, and Hermione well come on in"He steps aside and we all walk in Fang greets us as we enter the small living room Hagrid closes the door behind them and walks over to the stove.

Hai: "Yer just in time I just put on a pot" he retrieves three cups from the cupboard and sets them down on the table he takes the pot off the stovetop and pours the water in the cups and hands one to each of us.

Ro: "So how have you been"

Hai: "Great I've been trying to get meself a dragon"

Ha: "A dragon?"Hagrid nods and brings his own cup to his lips that's when I decided to ask him the question.

He: "So you know a lot about magical creatures then Hagrid"

Hai: "well, of course, ask me anything"

He: "What do you know about these creatures called Hodag"

Hai: "The devil dog Nasty litle buggers I'll tell ye that"

Ro: "The devil dog"

Ha: "You've seen this thing before"

Hai: "Yeah nearly took me hand clean off" he whistled motioning his hand in a chopping position.

Hai: "Why do ye wanna know about those things"

He: "Well I've been reading about this creature but I can't find the name so I thought it was that creature but now that you told me what a Hodag is I know that's that what it is. This creature has unstable emotions umm it has something to do with the eyes changing color but not all the time and I just can't put my finger on it."

Hai: "Well to me that sounds like a werewolf"

Ha: "A werewolf?"

Hai: "I shouldn't have said that"

Ro: "A werewolf please those things don't exist right there is just no chance of a pack"

Hai: "Oh don't say that there are so many things in that forest" he stops himself again.

Hai: "I shouldn't have said that I shouldn't have said that"

Ro: "So you're telling me there is possibly a pack of werewolves in the woods"Ron's voice cracks comically. Hagrid doesn't say a word as we stare at him fearfully he looks into a random corner of the room and jumps up from the table hitting his head on his roof

Hai: "oh would ye look at the time it's late you should get going yup don't wanna be caught out of bed by Filtch" Hagrid speaks hurridly as her escorts us out of his kitchen.

Ha: "You don't even have a clock in here how do you know-"

Hai: "wow time sure does fly when you're having fun, oh well we will have to catch up some other time. goodbye then" He kicks us out of his house and closes the door behind us.

Ha: "Well that was odd"

Ro: "It's all Hermione's fault cause she kept asking about that creature"

Ha: "Yeah what was that about Hermione you don't ask questions" I bit the inside of my cheek nervously.

Ro: "It's not about that wolf we saw last year is it"I stay silent

Ro: "That thing was just a dumb wolf that I scared away"

He: "I remember Ronald"

Ro: "So why do you care so much"

He: "I felt something when I saw that wolf"

Ro: "Yeah it's called fear"

He: "It wasn't fear it was something else"

Ro: "There was a giant wolf in front of you it was fear"

Ha: "GUYS" Harry shouts Ron and I stop arguing and look over to him

Ha: "Will you stop fighting look it's late and we need to get back in the castle so let's go"

Ro: "okay" I nod and we run to the castle and get in without being caught we take the stairs to the common room go in and up to our rooms I dressed in my nightclothes and climbed into bed Hagrid's words echoing in the back of my head.

Werewolf, there is no way I was just reading to much into this stupid idea I sigh and drift off to sleep.

#####################################################################