Connections

After a long talk, everyone decided to pick up their belongings and head out. After a while of walking the group came upon an old recked building or ruin, they decided to make camp here. After setting up everything they decided to have dinner, the meal was soup, which consisted of some dried meat and rice. 

Everyone was currently sitting in a circle around the fire as they were eating. During the meal, Lukrut started bragging about his love life and what happened when he hooked up with a married woman. 

He said that he had only had a little fun with the lady because the man was an abusive husband, but Filius believed that he just said that to cover the fact that he got beat up by the man.

Ainz was looking at the food in his hand, because of that, Filius and Nabe didn't touch their food until he started eating. 

Then someone annoying spoke, "What's the matter? Is the soup too hot? If that's the case, I can let it cool down in my mouth and feed it to you that way if you like?"

Nabe was so pissed that she snapped her spoon in too, she then got up and moved on the other side of her new fiance, "May I sit here?"

Filius smiled, "Sure", he said as he scooted over, Nabe sat down and Filius wrapped his arm around her waist, he then looked at Lukrut with a smirk. 

Lukrut gritted his teeth under his smile, he turned to his team, when he noticed everyone glaring at him. 

"The food is fine, we were just observing your religious custom. In our faith, it's inconsiderate to have a meal with several people the same day we take another's life",  Ainz said.

Filius and Nabe looked at each other in confusion.

"Oh, you believe in some interesting teachings Master Momon. I respect that", Dyne stated.

"I was wondering, where did the name (Swords of Darkness) come from?", Ainz asked as he was curious about the origins of the party.

"Oh that, tell them Ninya", Lukrut said as everyone turned to the other female in the party.

"Don't make me!", she shouted, "I was young and stupid!", she exclaimed.

"I thought you were still young", joked Filius. Everyone chuckled, and Ninya pouted at Filius.

Dyne relaxed after laughing, "Its really nothing to be embarrassed about."

"That's easy for you to say. You didn't come up with it", she sighed. 

"Anyway. It's a reference to the old legends, The Thirteen heroes. We named our party after the swords of one of the fabled warriors", Peter stated. They all just looked at the trio, expecting them to know that legend.

"What is this legend?", asked Filius. He was curious, if there were thirteen powerful heroes that meant that they were powerful beings that could be a threat or allies. If they were that powerful then they must've had some powerful items, he needed to look deeper into this. 

"Here I thought everyone knew the legends", Lukrut stated.

"The legend says that before the great empires were built, the world was in havoc. The evil deities wanted the mortals of this world to be annihilated, for many years that was everyone's fate. Then suddenly appeared the thirteen warriors, they were powerful beings with the ability to kill the deities. After a fierce battle they managed to finally kill the evil deities and brought peace to our world", Dyne said.

"Interesting", Filius whispered.

"Among The Thirteen Heroes, there was one called the (Black knight) who wielded four powerful swords known only as (The Swords of Darkness)", Ninya added.