A New Subordinate

(A.N: I had to make multiple changes in this chapter and a few previous chapters, Aura and Mare were included in a previous chapter of the withering forest but I made a mistake. They were currently in the mountains of the NW capturing monsters but I mistakenly included them here instead of Entoma and CZ like I originally planned so if you ask what happened to Aura and Mare that's the reason. I apologize for this mess up.)

Filius was currently looking down at the dryad named Pinison Pol Perlia, he had just asked her if they had trespassed and wondered if they'd be allowed to stay with her permission. 

Pinison was a bit jittery due to the fact that she was surrounded by monsters, but the demon in front of her was in fact being friendly. "Uh, it's not a bother, I also apologize for snooping, I was just curious if you were the explorers sent to defeat the monster that has been destroying the forest", Pinison said. 

Filius signaled for the Hanzo'to quit aiming their weapons at her. 

"Explorers?", Filius asked wanting to know more. 

"Y-yeah, i made a promise with them before", Pinison said as she sat on the ground comfortably. 

"May I ask who these people were and when was the promise made? I might be able to tell you there where, about if you could", Filius was lying, he hadn't met many humans in New World but this was justified in order to be on good terms with the Dryad.

Pinison tried remembering how the people looked, "The group consisted of three humans, a tall person, another was an older humanlike person, one had wings on their back and the last one was a dwarf. Seven people in total."

"Apologies, I don't seem to recall a group of people like that", Filius had predicted there was probably no chance he'd encounter the people she had been looking for. 

"What was the promise you made with this group?", he asked.

"Um", Pinison was mumbling for a second, this was due to her wondering if it was okay to tell this monster the promise she made with those people. After a few seconds of thinking, she nodded to herself, "They promised to come back and defeat the Evil Tree."

"Evil tree? Is it some sort of plant monster?", Filius asked. 

"Yeah, something like that, in the past they used to call it an Evil Treant", the dryad said, "Um, a long time ago, when I was yet born, a horrible storm occurred. From that storm, a tear in the sky appeared, and that unleashed a massive amount of monsters onto the land. These monsters were incredibly powerful, some even rivaled the great dragon kings, eventually, all of them were eliminated in the end. However, old rumors say that these monsters are actually in a deep slumber due to the wounds they received from battle... another says that they were sealed away."

"So this tree, it's one of those monsters", Filius said connecting the dots to Pinison's story. 

Pinison nodded, "Yeah, what's worse, sometimes a part of it wakes up and runs wild, killing the creatures and draining the life force of the land around us. The tree had been defeated but sometimes parts of it would go on a rampage, it's said that the tree itself could destroy the whole world once fully awake. Before that happened, the group of seven appeared and gave the monster a good beating, and it went back to rest. The leader of the group gave the monster a name... what was it again?"

"Hmm", Filius was curious about the story Pinison said about the monster coming from a tear in the sky, he would make sure to remember this later. 

"Ah! He called it, Zy'tl Q'ae, that's the name", Pinison said, "The promise was, One day the tree will awaken entirely and when that day comes we'll return and defeat it, that's what they said."