Choosing to Take Action

With Sebas...

It was really late in the night when Sebas went to check up on the human female he had brought back to the mansion. In his hands he had a bowl of food, it was porridge made fresh from New World ingredients. 

Sebas who was at the door to the woman's quarters, knocked on it before entering, once he was inside he closed the door behind him and saw the woman. 

She wore a white nightdress, and unlike when she arrived she had no bruises or cuts on her body

She wore a white nightdress, and unlike when she arrived she had no bruises or cuts on her body. She appeared like a different person, her hair was even fixed trailing down her back as if it was always that way. 

But unlike her healthy demeanor the same couldn't be said about her expression, she held a blank stare, one void of feeling. It entailed something no ordinary person could understand, the expression of someone who went through the cruelest thing in the world. 

Sebas walked over to the right side of her bed and held out the food tray, "It seems like the healing magic did its job perfectly. Tell me, how do you feel young lady?"

Sebas waited a second but the woman seemed not to reply to his question, "I assume you are hungry.", he then removed the lid of the wooden bowl he had on the tray, "Eat before it gets cold."

The woman noticed the warm food but still continued to hold the same blank expression. 

"Here.", Sebas said while placing the tray on her lap. 

The woman stared at the plate for a few seconds, she blinked quietly before grabbing her spoon. Her moves seemed robotic and instinctual, they had no emotion in them, it seemed like the body just started moving automatically knowing it needed nourishment. 

The woman scooped up some porridge and then bit into it, that's when Sebas noticed some light return to her eyes. It was like her mind had finally returned from the darkness it was in. 

Once the first bite was taken, she swiftly swallowed and went for the next and next, in less than a minute the whole bowl was consumed. The blonde-haired woman sighed from her belly being filled. 

Sebas decided to speak again, "As long as you're here, you're free from any kind of danger. When you wake, you'll still be in this bed. You have my guarantee, as head butler."

The woman didn't look at him like he was doing to her, she just stared at the sheet she was being covered with, "......T ...Thank...you...very...much."

Sebas didn't know why, but he smiled, it was a gentle smile, something he rarely showed. 

"Please, think nothing of it. Now that I've taken you in, I'll ensure your safety to the best of my ability", Sebas replied in his soothing tone. 

The woman started tearing up when she heard those words, words she never heard in her cruel life, her stoic expression broke and she started crying. She didn't want to keep it in any longer.