Know Your Enemies

"What the hell is this?", Gazef asked.

When he saw the image in the smoke he clenched his teeth.

"Hehehe what a pretty gal you should have agreed when we ordered you to hang out with us", a man's voice said.

The man was actually a knight that Gazef recognized. He worked for a noble that owned a territory on the east of the capital. The noble was a good man or that's what he evaluated when they had met.

What he saw was horrible...he saw the knight... and his friends... raping a woman in front of the noble and his sons.

"Please...no...more", the young woman begged in tears and bruises.

"What did the bitch say? I couldn't hear her", another knight said.

"Hurry up", one of the sons of the nobles yelled, "I want to see another one! I want to see another peasant."

"Calm down my son we have all the women in the territory and all the time in the world", the noble said.

The Guardian of Souls waved his hand and the smoke disappeared. Gazef looked straight at the area where the cloud of smoke was. His calm and resolute expression was nowhere to be seen, it only showed hatred.

"Tell me what did I just see?", Gazef asked while looking down at the floor.

The Guardian looked away and went o row the boat, "that is what is currently what happening in your kingdom. All you saw and I'll show you is the layer underneath the world you think you know."

Gazef wondered what The Guardian meant about all he was about to show but then he got a major headache. He fell on the floor and started screaming in pain.

He could see it...all of it....all the suffering of the kingdom. Women and children getting raped or abused, people being killed, nobles abusing their power. He saw all the violence in the country.

Gazef couldn't take it..."This can't...be real...", he started shedding tears. "It's... impossible...", Gazef covered his face and started crying softly.

"Humans are creatures with hearts, but unlike monsters, they can choose to become heartless", The Guardian said.

"Human use money and influence as strength. Monsters use power to become their strength but unlike humans, they never betray their own kind", Gazef lifted himself a bit to stare at The Guardian.

"What... Does that have to do... With anything?", Gazef asked.

"There is one solution", The Guardian's words caught Gazef's attention. "Humans, if put on the river of time, they flow the same way forever", he said.

"What?", Gazef was confused what did that have to do with this?

"Tell me child, what stops water better than anything", The Guardian asked. Gazef knew the answer but he didn't respond.

The Guardian turned to Gazef, "Humanity needs a Dam one that can stop the water for eternity."

Gazef then knew The Guardian meant, Humanity during peace times turned to create chaos. But what if they had a person with power. Not like the king, he was a good man with noble intentions but he was old. His three children were young and they could fill in the seat but what would happen after.

If only there was an immovable power, someone who would never lose their fire. Someone who could keep the whole world in control and in line.

"You have already met someone like that", Gazef stared at The Guardian. "He will help, but not if the kingdom asks for his aid. He needs to total control there is no other way and you know it", The Guardian said.