The Showdown

The steel bars had opened and two demons came out from the cage, in their hands they had a human man who was blindfolded, tied up, and gagged. Before tossing and leaving him in the middle of the arena, they made sure to untie his hands as well as leave him a weapon, a sledgehammer. 

As the demons left, the man quickly sat up and removed the blindfolds he had, he quickly checked if anyone was around him before removing the binds on his legs. 

The demon announcer started speaking once more, "We present you the human prisoner from dungeons, please give him a round of applause!" 

The clay dolls started clapping once again, Filius and Solution clapped as well excited to see the game finally start. 

"What the hell is going on! Where am I!", yelled the man as he stood up.

"Now let's give a round of applause for Orthus! The Manticore!", a gate on the other side of the arena was lifted. Behind the gate slammed a giant creature, he had the head and body of a lion, and on top of his head he had two horns. His tail was a gigantic scorpion stinger and on his back was a pair of dragon wings.

The Manticore saw the gate start opening, he ran under it and forcibly opened the gate, he then started swinging his tail and stabbed the ground before lifting himself and roaring.

The man stood there in shock and fear, he had never seen a manticore but he heard that they were high-level monsters so dangerous that orichalcum ranked adventurers could barely beat them. 

"Now let's introduced the third contestant, created from granite, given a soul thanks to the Supreme Beings, standing at 9 feet tall. Vorim the stone statue!", the demon announced.

The Manticore and the human man turned to the gate south of them, there they saw a gate rising, and out stepped a giant statue of stone. The statue resembled one of those created in Greece, it was a man with delicate and well carved facial features, but his body was carved to look built and muscular. He had spartan armor equipped and on his waist, he held a massive double-sided long sword. In his hands, he had a stone helmet that matched the spartan armor and on top of the helmet was a stone mohawk.

The stone statue placed the helmet on the floor and kneeled down, he then placed both hands together for a prayer, "Please, all-mighty Supreme Beings, grant me your divine blessing for my victory. I shall offer my victory to you as an offering and I shall spill the blood of these creatures to satisfy you." Vorim stood up from the ground and raised his helmet before placing it on, "For the Supreme Beings!"

Filius smirked, he then whispered a magic spell, seeing as how the stone statue was big it meant he was also slower and since he didn't have muscle his strength wasn't much. He casted a buff spell that would increase his target's speed, agility, and strength but only for a small amount.   

"What the hell?", the human man whispered, this was a first for him. He had heard stories of certain tombs having a gargoyle or statue as a guard but to see a giant statue appear and act like a living creature was shocking. 

The crowd cheered in excitement, Filius and Solution were curious to see how the fight would end. 

"Now! Let the fight, Begin!", the demon yelled and a horn was blown in the background signaling for the battle to start.

The human man quickly crawled to the sledgehammer and grasped it before walking backward away from the two creatures, "Please divine gods! Save me from this nightmare!"

The manticore noticed the human man running away while Vorim the stone statue charged at him. By animal instinct, the manticore could tell the Vorim was a threat, but he also wanted to kill the mouse that was running, he ultimately decided to chase after the human.