118 (S)

- Soyeon's POV -

Mrs. Davis: Where is the birthday boy? I brought cake!

She came in holding a big chocolate cake, placing it on the counter along with the rest of the groceries. Namjoon came from the other room, hanging up on Jin. His face fell with his eyebrows raised, like he was caught. He kissed Mrs. Davis on the top of her head and put the cake in the fridge.

Me: *whispering* You didn't tell me it was your birthday.

Namjoon: *whispering* I was hoping you wouldn't find out.

Me: *whispering* Why?

Namjoon: *whispering* You seem like one of those people who makes birthdays big deals.

Me: *whispering* I'm not but now I look like a jackass for not knowing your birthday. I'm supposed to be your wife, remember?

My last statement made his lips curl up into a smirk and kissed the top of my head. Mrs. Davis started going around the house, doing her chores. Like he promised yesterday, Namjoon came and sat out on the beach, just the two of us, and sandwiches that Mrs. Davis prepared.

I could get used to this. Waking up to ocean air and spending most of the time outside on the beach, splashing around in the water and eating meals on the sand in the beating sun. And with Namjoon. Like we are any other couple.

Me: So how old are you?

Namjoon: Are you going to eat that?

Me: *laughing* Answer me!

Namjoon: I take that as a no.

Me: Hey! Give me my grapes!

Namjoon: *laughing* You're not eating them.

Me: Tell me how old you are.

Namjoon: Older than you.

Me: How much older than me?

Namjoon: A lot older than you.

Me: You're such a butt.

Namjoon: I have something for you.

Me: But it's your birthday.

Namjoon: Shush. Hold out your hand and close your eyes.

Something cold slipped over one of my left fingers. When I opened my eyes, I was presented with a ring. White gold, simple band, and a small diamond in the middle. My hand clasped over my mouth in a really ugly gasp. It's perfect. Like he knows I don't like big jewelry without me having to tell him.

Namjoon: Do you like it?

Me: I love it. Oh my god. Is it real?

Namjoon: The diamond?

Me: Yeah!

Namjoon: Why would I ever get you a fake diamond?

Me: Oh my god. Thank you so much.

Namjoon: You are now officially Mrs. Sodol. One more thing.

On his knees, he crawled behind me. I was still busy looking at my new "wedding" ring. A silver chain circled around my neck, a "N" hanging from it. Namjoon then clamped the clip of the necklace together and pecked my cheek for good measure.

Me: For "Namjoon?"

Namjoon: When we go back home, everyone will know not to touch you.

Me: *softly* Thank you.

Namjoon: Shit. It's Jin again. I gotta take this.

Me: Okay. I'll wrap up.

He went up to the room while I brought our picnic back inside just when Mrs. Davis was finishing her chores. A few hours later, we ate the dinner she made and she made her way out. I hope she brings her grandchildren next time.