114

- Namjoon's POV -

I don't know which disrespecting asshole, accidental creampie fucking shot me but when I find out who the fuck pulled that trigger I will drown them in their own bathtub with my bare hands so the last thing they will ever taste is their filth of the day.

When I woke up, the first experience was a stabbing pain in my abdomen. I hissed, opening my eyes to the bright fucking fluorescent light in my face. I looked down to avoid it and there she was. Fast asleep under my chin, Soyeon. Her arms wrapped around me, clinging to me. Jin was also here. It was hard to tell if he was relieved or disappointed.

Seokjin: Morning sleeping beauty.

Me: She's not awake yet.

Seokjin: I was...talking to you.

Me: Oh. Fuck off.

Seokjin: *laughing* Oh, Namjoon. So professional and charming.

Me: How long was I out?

Seokjin: Over a day. Which is weird because I expected you to wake up in a few hours after surgery.

Me: So?

Seokjin: Namjoon, when was the last time you slept?

Me: I sleep every night.

Seokjin: *irritated* Sleep well.

Me: Jin, you need to fuck off.

Seokjin: I'm not a fucking goon, Namjoon. I'm your friend and the one who removed hot metal from you ass. Answer the fucking question and don't lie to me.

Me: What does it matter?

Seokjin: I've never seen someone with a healthy sleeping schedule sleep that long after surgery and anesthesia.

A grunt from Soyeon interrupted him. Her eyes slowly opened, also irritated from the bright lights. Her head perked up, seeing that I was awake. Just as quickly, she burst into tears and squeezed herself on me, dodging my womb.

My shoulder was soaked in her tears but I was just proud of her. She was touching me. Hugging me. Something that challenges her is coming as easy to her as it does to everyone else. She's making growth without even noticing.

Me: Whoa. Hey there.

Soyeon: Oh my god.

Me: Shh. It's okay. I'm okay.

Seokjin: How cute.

Me: *mouthing* Fuck up.

Soyeon: Are you okay?

Me: I'm fine, princess.

Seokjin: You should thank her. She saved your damn life the other night. Could've let you take the first shot at you or let you bleed out.

Me: Did she now?

I wiped her tears away, running my hand up and down her arm. Soyeon had her eyes glued to mine. She had stopped crying, but her lip was still quavering and her voice was still weak, still very, very scared.

Soyeon: *whispering* I thought you were going to die.

Seokjin: Pff. The Devil is immortal, Soyeon. Quiet down you two, I need to take this.

Jin stood up from his stool, yapping away on that phone. I didn't care to focus on what he was saying, only paying attention to Soyeon and her eyes that looked at me without fear...for the most part.

She's the last person I earth I'd expect to go out of her way to save me. Twice. But here she is, crying and sobbing thinking that I wouldn't wake up again. In a world with so many people wanting you dead, it's...weird when you meet someone who truly wants you breathing.